ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 miata M-edition volks coilovers flush - $4500 (charlotte, NC)

Date: 2011-11-24, 1:06PM EST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Joey C.
charlotte, NC

1995 Miata. M-edition.
5speed. 144k miles.
clean title.
Leather, speakers in the headrest.

Price: $4500 with volks, $3500 without.

Wasup guys, im trying to get rid of all my cars. This is my daily driver. i drive her about 300 miles a week. with 0 issues.

Mods:
Raceland coilovers (about 3k miles on them now) actually ride smooth.
CX racing aluminum Radiator.
Volk Gtu 16x7 +35(F) 16x8 +35(rear) with 25mm Bolt on spacers/adapters. (wheels are 114.3)
sony CD player.

Good:

every single thing on this car works. Hot heat, cold AC, cruise control, Power windows and mirrors. Doesnt leak anything, Top doesn't leak. Top is in excellent condition (few years old) but its perfect. no starting issues, no driving issues. Perfect daily driver. Clutch is great, shifts perfect.
Water pump and timing belt done at 105k.

Bad:
1.8's are notoriously known for their Lifter tick..RARELY does it happen. has 0 negative effects on motor. The car needs nothing. literally. I would drive this car to Miami right now with no hesitation.

Pictures:

Link: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/2718722356.html

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said he would do 4300 with the volks or 3300 without volks. I didn't really want them anyways. Or should I get them?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good other than the miles, worth checking out though

you can buy my wheels if you dont get those lol.
yeah it's alot but oh well. i'd rather him be flat out than say "fully built engine" and really it's nothing but a p.o.s waiting to blow up lol

how much are your wheels bro?

and are your cars the same color? j/w

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Car looks okay, I'm not a fan of tan though. If you aren't either, a full black swap is a pain in the ass. Just a thought.

The car seems like an okay deal. 94-95 is awesome because its still obdI. 144k for 4k kinda suck though. Does he has service reports, like timing belt and water pump? Our timing belts only last like 60k for the oem, if you cant do it yourself that is another 4-500.

BTW those volks are no where worth 1k, they have shitty offsets, he would be lucky to sell for $600 now days. Everyone is all concerned with "fitment", its the way of the kids who need friends. Even he knows that with those huge spacers.

I'd buy them without the wheels. Let him be stuck with them. That is, if you want that low offset stuff.

Also check it out in person, the fact it has racelands is suspicious. Racelands+spacers means hes probably just some jackass trying to fit in. Be weary of the cars service history. If hes willing to cheap out on every other aspect of the car just imagine what hes done to it when the important stuff comes up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car looks okay, I'm not a fan of tan though. If you aren't either, a full black swap is a pain in the ass. Just a thought.

The car seems like an okay deal. 94-95 is awesome because its still obdI. 144k for 4k kinda suck though. Does he has service reports, like timing belt and water pump? Our timing belts only last like 60k for the oem, if you cant do it yourself that is another 4-500.

BTW those volks are no where worth 1k, they have shitty offsets, he would be lucky to sell for $600 now days. Everyone is all concerned with "fitment", its the way of the kids who need friends. Even he knows that with those huge spacers.

I'd buy them without the wheels. Let him be stuck with them. That is, if you want that low offset stuff.

Also check it out in person, the fact it has racelands is suspicious. Racelands+spacers means hes probably just some jackass trying to fit in. Be weary of the cars service history. If hes willing to cheap out on every other aspect of the car just imagine what hes done to it when the important stuff comes up.
Thanks man. He said the timing belt was replaced at 104xxx miles so that is ok. Also he said the oil is changed every 2500 to 3000 miles with royal purple. The car seems to be legit. the interior is actually really nice. I mean the color is alright be it is really clean from all the pictures I was sent. And yeah I want different wheels anyways. For a better style and fitment. Plus I don't wanna drive around someone else's project. I wanna make it "my own". I know racelands are cheap but it seems to me alot of people use them. So all-in-all. Is it a good buy for $3300-$3500 without the volks?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
offer 3 with no volks, i got mine s/c with 54k for 3800
Alright I will. Did you get yours stock?

i bought his buddies.....i had to fix a lot of **** with mine. So be on the lookout on that...but offer 4 he's been selling it for awhile
oh do you know him man? You live close so you might have seen it arond.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Alright I will. Did you get yours stock?

oh do you know him man? You live close so you might have seen it arond.
nah im in Iraq right now lol. But when my buddies picked up my car from him he said he brought the blue one along with mine, and my buddy said it looked pretty dope.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah im in Iraq right now lol. But when my buddies picked up my car from him he said he brought the blue one along with mine, and my buddy said it looked pretty dope.
ohh awesome man. that's good to hear. god bless you.

yep other than the supercharger and the panasports that are on it now.
hahah yeah I love your car man.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just spent 2 grand on wheels and I have racelands.

its not a racecar so why waste money on something i'll not be using. they ride good and get me as low as i want to be.
so racelands are good man? :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts