ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes affordable 16x9, 4x100 wheels. By affordable, mean Rota affordable. 949 makes the 15" wheels nice & wide, but we need 16's. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Thanks for the link. I do appreciate it.

Do you drive a 523HP/408TQ Miata w/ Corvette brakes that require 16's for clearance? Thanks for telling me what I need though. :roll:
Please edit YOUR post to say I NEED, not WE. Boooom! don't you love it...nevermind... (re-read my post, I specifically said YOU want, the rest of us do plenty fine with 15s).

On a serious note, that sounds pretty serious. Not sure perhaps you should consider the wilwood brake kits from good-win if you can't find 16s in a width that will work with your traction needs (you can find them, but they will have to be custom, and thats not cheap). then again...a BBK isn't cheap either. dilemmas!

^^^ love it.

You must know what I need. Ha Ha. Aren't people awesome?!?
Maybe I can, maybe I can't. I love you too buddy. We are all friends here :fab:

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Miro, esm, and the various steel wheel manufacturers like diamond are the only ones that come to mind. Kind of an odd size. Probably need to go custom if you don't want lower offsets.

I know in the past you had thought about 17's. Is the car wide-bodied? Both xxr and rota make 17x9-17x10 for cheap. They tend to get a bit heavy though. Then again the ESM and Miro wheels in 16x9 and up aren't any lighter really, nor are the diamonds. Atleast in 17's there are some wide tires in varying compounds.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
Who makes affordable 16x9, 4x100 wheels. By affordable, mean Rota affordable. 949 makes the 15" wheels nice & wide, but we need 16's. Thanks in advance.
You have a 500 hp miata and want rota quality wheels?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again, I thank-you. The ESM-008 SL model will suit our needs nicely. We use one or more sets per season. These are very affordable.

LOL. Pics of said vette brakes on your miata or it didn’t happen ;)
Yah, they've been on there for 9 years. Believe it or not, weren't installed to impress the internet.

Schmidt moderlines come in 16x9
Miro spt 1??
Spelling on both of those is off but Google them
Thanks for the reply.

Miro, esm, and the various steel wheel manufacturers like diamond are the only ones that come to mind. Kind of an odd size. Probably need to go custom if you don't want lower offsets.

I know in the past you had thought about 17's. Is the car wide-bodied? Both xxr and rota make 17x9-17x10 for cheap. They tend to get a bit heavy though. Then again the ESM and Miro wheels in 16x9 and up aren't any lighter really, nor are the diamonds. Atleast in 17's there are some wide tires in varying compounds.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The most important question should be what tire and size you're planning on running.

I have 16x7.5s, and the tire choices suck for a car with half your power. Even with a 16x9 you're still limited to about a 225, if you can even find it. Once my current 225/40s need to be replaced, I have to drop to a 215/45. There's a thread or two about 16" tire sizes here, so you might want to check those out if you haven't already.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Yah, they've been on there for 9 years. Believe it or not, weren't installed to impress the internet.

The Corvette wasn't even invented nine years ago, so booya, caught red handed.

Pics, or else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts