ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting Hella E-Codes, I was doing some searches but cant come up with a good plug and play HID kit. Would love for it to be Bi-Xenon. If any of you guys that have them or know of them could let me know, I drive my car at night a great deal and the stockers arent really cutting it. Or should I just go with a Hella Xenon bulb from Susquehanna? Any info would be great. Thank you.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
I went with the xenon bulb, compared to my HIDS in my ebay housings they are 100 times better cutoff wise, I however do not like the color of the light output the 6000k HIDS LOOKED brighter due to contrasting colors but actually wernt, but it made things stand out better like bumps in road, deer in feilds, etc. Only problem was my HIDS only had a high beam.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the HIDs made you see better on the road? I saw the ebay HID kit with the "projector" housings. Is that what you had?

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
No that thing sucks, I had just e-code knock offs (I forget the company they sucked though just H4 housings). I had kensun HID kit or something like that, 6000k high beam only.

The HIDs due to the bright white/slightly blue color just stood out on the road ALOT so visability appeared to be alot brighter (in my opinion if a deer was 10 feet off of the road it stood out instantly).

The 100/80w h4 bulbs from rallylights.com in my e-codes are a stock looking color which blends in with the tan environment and deer so it APPEARS to not be as bright but they are actually ALOT brighter and you can see alot further with them.

I am sorry if this is confusing to understand, but if you went from one to other than you would understand. I vote order the bulbs from rally lights they are only like $10-$16 extra for 100/80w and you can test out for yourself, if you dont like (highly doubt youll be disappointed) then buy HIDS.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I hear you. Im probably going to go with a Xenon 100/80w bulb and see how it is. Ive never really been into the whole lighting thing, but I really started noticing my lack of it during the winter when I would occasionally drive my friends 2008 Audi A4 which has amazing HIDs, and then drive my Miata. Thank you for the info though, appreciate it.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Oh and since you drive your car in the winter also, figured id mention with my shitty housings and hids I couldnt drive more than 10mph in bad snow storms because it would illuminate all of the snow infront of windshield and create a white wall of snow I couldnt see through, with the e-codes low beam it litearlly works amazingly and I couldnt ask for a happier housing.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds great man. Deffinately going to get the Bulb. Thanks for all the info.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Yeah I hear you. Im probably going to go with a Xenon 100/80w bulb and see how it is. Ive never really been into the whole lighting thing, but I really started noticing my lack of it during the winter when I would occasionally drive my friends 2008 Audi A4 which has amazing HIDs, and then drive my Miata. Thank you for the info though, appreciate it.
Your lighting with the e-codes and that bulb will be on par if not brighter. It's ridiculous how well they work.

Glad you made the right choice instead of buying a **** HID setup :cool:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deciding on what bulbs to get. Is the "100/80w Hella premium Xenon blue" like rice HID blue, or just a hint of blue? Dont want the super blue look. Sorry for all the noob questions, just recently got into the whole lighting thing.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Deciding on what bulbs to get. Is the "100/80w Hella premium Xenon blue" like rice HID blue, or just a hint of blue? Dont want the super blue look. Sorry for all the noob questions, just recently got into the whole lighting thing.
It looks white. No blue

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
**** that looks good. That first one is exactly the way i wanted it to look like. Thank you for responding and the picture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts