ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

Some of you might have seen the thread over at the toys/collectibles: https://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/34-toys-collectibles/250452-plush-miata.html
I'm with Sebastian in this, working on the Autoplush project (I'm doing shipping, website and new model designs). Making ads/shilling for our product isn't the only reason we're here though... my hobby is JDM classic cars.

Personally I drive a '92 Camry (yeah yeah...) as a daily and my current project is restoration/slight restomodding a JDM 2-door AE86 Trueno. Living in Switzerland, the community for old JDM stuff is rather small with events few and far apart, but I try to take part in the two major ones: Japan Classic (Bleienbach) and Japanertreffen (Schwyz), pics below.

My wife just got her driver's license exchanged for the Swiss one, but doesn't have a car yet. She wants an MX-5 (preferrably the NA, but any model is fine, including NC), so I will be posting here for advice on what to look for when shopping for old Miatas.

Lastly: Autoplush. Story in a nutshell is that the Twingo turned into a meme on a Chinese basket weaving forum. Eventually the idea to make the cute and plump car into a cute, plump and soft car - so on my journey went to find suppliers that would be willing to make a hundred pieces for me to sell to fellow forum-goers. I thought they'd never sell all, but after three weeks I was all out of plushies and had to decide if there'd be a next step. A few more steps later, we're around with four models (plus some in the pipeline), a proper(ish) website, a business license and we've been to China for the first time too! What an online-joke can lead to...

tl;dr: Me, my cars, my plushies:

Looking forward to a fun time!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plushies are cute tbh.

AE86 looks really cool.
Spent a lot of time to get them to look reasonably good. The Miata was about the hardest model I could have chosen to make...

The 86 is an import from Japan. Still have to get some paperwork straight to get it road legal here in Switzerland. Have to have a paper that states compatibility and standards adherance for all non-OEM parts... To get Swiss papers I basically had to replace many of the mods (coilovers, stabilizers and strut bar). I have acquired all the parts now and will try to find some time around January to mount them to the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts