ClubRoadster.net banner

1001 - 1020 of 1057 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,844 Posts
A couple weeks ago, Trump tells us that he trusts Kim Jong Un against the prevailing attitude of the entire US intelligence system. Today, Trump cozies up to Brazil’s Bolsonaro. I haven’t heard a single word denouncing any of these actions by any (leading or otherwise) Republicans. Is Fascism cool now, or are we just not uncomfortable yet? Because I’m pretty uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It has been cool with Republicans for quite some time.

(TBH it is also cool with democrats a fair amount of the time)

·
8,844 Posts
so, the Mueller report shows nothing. doesn’t exonerate Trump but does not pin charges to him either. AG / dep AG confirmed no obstruction either (given absence of aiding / abetting / “collusion” charges). other offices have information stemming from Mueller report, so there’s always that... but Mueller comes up empty.

i guess we’ll see what comes of the active SDNY investigations. as far as the mueller investigation goes, we ALL need to face the facts, no matter what outcome we had hoped for, and move on.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,718 Posts
So... I have super bad ADHD that often leads to what I conceive of as a coherent story devolving into a rambling disaster of various story threads but this is transcribed from an actual Donald Trump speech and I... just... can't.

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Wisconsin elected a guy who wouldn't sound out of place at an ISIS gathering to its supreme court.

The Republican party in 2019 is deeply extremist.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Is there some kind of exception process for their mistresses or would they force an abortion then jail the mistress?
I think the 99 years may be for doctors? I'm not entirely sure, Alabama politics are something I try to avoid, well all things Alabama are.

But yeah, the latter sounds like every Republican politician's dream.

·
8,844 Posts
It’s be fun to point and laugh at these states if **** like this didn’t seriously affect actual people who didn’t choose to be born in Alabama and don’t have the means to leave.

1001 - 1020 of 1057 Posts