ClubRoadster.net banner

1021 - 1040 of 1060 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
7,140 Posts
All this talk of states making or trying to make abortions illegal or punishable and Kansas' Supreme Court just declared abortions a constitutional right even if Roe V. Wade gets reversed federally.

EDIT: now, about that legal weed...

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,356 Posts
These states are making these laws to challenge Roe v Wade now that they feel the courts have been stacked in their favor. The laws aren’t popular, but partisan (Republican) politics doesn’t care.

It’s despicable, as are the religious structures that support it.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
It's disgusting. Another way of controlling women and keeping the poor in poverty. These people don't care about children, they don't care about life, they care about women and poor people staying in their place. If they gave two shits about kids, they would fund education, birth control, sex ed, all the things that make the need for abortion go down and improve people's lives.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,140 Posts
Not to mention threatening the lives of mothers for whom this could prohibit live saving c sections or premature induction. Geez, imagining not only losing your unborn child but also your wife because some crusty white haired **** in an ill fitting suit thinks she should have kept her legs closed because the Bible.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Everyone who voted for a Republican tacitly endorsed all of this despicable garbage.

Though at least one dem has voted for each of these bills.

Rhetoric matters, if someone says they don't support the right to abortion/basic bodily autonomy....don't vote for them.

·
9,356 Posts
Right, but THATS why people - men and women alike (predominantly white and religious) - voted for republicans.

Deplorable has always been the correct word - but people don’t like when you see who they truly are.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Look at the people who wrote the proposal.

They aren't having sex. Nothing to worry about from their perspective.

Well and because it is all lonely dudes/incels, they don't understand that some women take birth control pills to control menstrual pains/have lighter periods/etc.

Anyone who says this trash is about anything other than controlling women is straight up lying.

·
9,356 Posts
They aren't having sex. Nothing to worry about from their perspective.

They don’t care because abortions will always be available to men with means (yes, you read that right). It has nothing to do with whether or not they’re having sex.

This bill is a flat challenge to Roe v Wade, like I said before. If it succeeds in turning over Roe, then a number of antiquated state laws, that have not been changed because Roe supersedes them, will go into effect. I suspect that the states with Republican controlled legislatures that do not already have anti-abortion laws on the books are exactly the same states that we hear about “following Alabama’s lead.” AZ, unfortunately and for example, doesn’t need to follow Alabama’s lead - it already has an anti-abortion law that will be in place if Roe is gone.

All said, I think the Roe challenge is wasted effort for any party that is actually interested in governing. Roe is considered settled law and only concerns the 1st and 3rd trimester - the 2nd trimester is up for states discretion. Republicans are doing this because it panders to their base and shows that they’re “fighting.” It also allows Republicans to blame their loss on Democrats, even though this has nothing to do with Democrats and will be decided by a Republican stacked judicial branch. It’s pure politics masked as an action, and the only people fooled are the Republican and Moderate voters who want to be fooled.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,140 Posts
Jon Stewarts campaigning appears to have been successful in getting the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund passed. Conservative shitheads Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell opposed it, saying it would increase the deficit.

Of course, last month McConnell convinced Trump to increase pass a new budget that is a $320 billion increase, much of which benefits (who else?) his constituents in Kentucky. Shocker. And corporate tax cuts.

Garbage humans. More disturbing is the legions that follow them that propped them up into such positions in the first place.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,140 Posts
Currently livid at the selfish drivel some of my friends spout in their anti-universal-healthcare arguments. Zero good points made. The two prevailing arguments are "people in other countries don't even have running water lol americans are so selfish" and "I'm not going to help support someone who just has to have a $1000 iphone but somehow can't afford a $500 epipen". ****. What trash humans.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Currently livid at the selfish drivel some of my friends spout in their anti-universal-healthcare arguments. Zero good points made. The two prevailing arguments are "people in other countries don't even have running water lol americans are so selfish" and "I'm not going to help support someone who just has to have a $1000 iphone but somehow can't afford a $500 epipen". ****. What trash humans.
"Americans are so selfish"

Coming from people too selfish to 1) help every single person in the country and too stupid to 2) help themselves

I know your struggle man, people trash

·
Registered
501 Posts
Surprises me people think they should ban abortions, wasn't everyone saying that bans don't work when they were discussing guns?
Then again, if gun control logic was applied to abortions, we would just have thoughts and prayers for the fetuses.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Surprises me people think they should ban abortions, wasn't everyone saying that bans don't work when they were discussing guns?
Then again, if gun control logic was applied to abortions, we would just have thoughts and prayers for the fetuses.
If the people who want to ban abortions were truly "pro-life" they would give a crap about children after they were born, but they don't. They're simply pro-birth.

1021 - 1040 of 1060 Posts