ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
holy crap..... the picture of the brains all squirted out down the curb there was the worst.....

I wasn't expecting the crushed skull stuff! Wicked!

·
Registered
718 Posts
you know, i feel for the girl's family because I've had friends who've died in car accidents, and it really isn't fun in the least bit no matter what the circumstances are.

but i hate to say that this is just natural selection or whatever you want to call it. if you're going to drive like an idiot, odds are you're going to get hurt in a big way, and it's going to be your own damn fault.

some kid down here died cuz he crashed the **** out of his camaro, and at the funeral his dad had the car towed to the service so that all of the kids friends could see what happens when you drive like an idiot.

it's still a huge bummer to everyone involved, but i guess i've just developed this "you deserved it" attitude from having friends and acquaintances die from people being jackholes on the road, so i apologize if what i say offends anyone.

·
Registered
439 Posts
oh my god...

sometimes showing these pictures and actual events are the only things to prevent these kids from doing stupid things like this.

they don't realize what can and will happen to them if they aren't careful. the possiblities are endless.

be safe everyone

if this doesn't make you slow down then i don't know what will.. :(

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sad and all but I have no sympathy for kids that think they can get away with driving at high speeds without propper training.

I thought at first the 911 might have been a stick (if her father had any sack), but the I realized she was an 18 year old rich girl and I hoticed the torque converter since the motor was ripped away from the trans. :roll:

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
anyone else think twice about doing 100+? I did for a couple seconds. Wonder what it would have been like if it weren't a convertible???
It doesn't look like the seatbelt kept her there too well :? But at 100+ I guess it wouldn't.

Not the most graphic pics I've seen yet.

RIP.

·
Registered
718 Posts
anyone else think twice about doing 100+? I did for a couple seconds. Wonder what it would have been like if it
i actually hit 105ish in a 97 civic once. i was pissed as hell driving home, and SR56 isn't the best-lit road, even with hi-beams on, and there wasn't any traffic to reference speed to. music was loud, and i wasn't really paying attention. once i looked down at the speedo 100mph seemed a hell of a lot scarier, especially in that car, at that time of night, with my driving experience (~2months after i got my license). needless to say, i slowed the hell down.

i wouldn't even dream of doing 100 on any sort of public road (save the 'ring) in the miata. it's uncomfortable enough driving 70 next to all the idiots around my house in trucks 5 times larger than what they should be driving. i'll definitely feel safer once i get the roll bar in.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've touched 117 in my Miata top down (slight downhill grade), and approx. 140mph in a modified STI. I felt perfectly safe both times. Public road or race track, they were both totally empty.

The primary things to NOT do on public roads is:
A. Driving your dad's Porsche
B. Doing the above Drunk
C. Doing A and B at 100mph
D. Doing all of the above while hitting Honda Civics

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
oh my god...

sometimes showing these pictures and actual events are the only things to prevent these kids from doing stupid things like this.

they don't realize what can and will happen to them if they aren't careful. the possiblities are endless.

be safe everyone

if this doesn't make you slow down then i don't know what will.. :(
I think the pictures will not make kids slow because its not tangible for their youthful lives. The only thing that will slow them down is either multiple speeding tickets or a DIY. Those are tangible because it comes out of their pocket. As cold as it my sound, seeing an 18 year old with her brains splattered on the pavement will not slow down a teenager because they can't connect with it as much as money does.

Money is a teenager's life because they have little experience of anything else. And money is what talks for them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've touched 117 in my Miata top down (slight downhill grade), and approx. 140mph in a modified STI. I felt perfectly safe both times. Public road or race track, they were both totally empty.

The primary things to NOT do on public roads is:
A. Driving your dad's Porsche
B. Doing the above Drunk
C. Doing A and B at 100mph
D. Doing all of the above while hitting Honda Civics

not funny.

:|

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maybe not funny, but just because a person died dosen't mean they didn't do something stupid or irresponsible.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts