ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since early Thursday morning, major parts of the city is out of power. From the looks of it, power might be restored on Monday (at the earliest).

This got me thinking of buying a portable generator for the next crazy wind-storm.

What do you guys (especially in rural areas) have for portable generators? Got pics? With enclosures encasing them, how quiet are they? How easy are they to hook up to an existing circuit breaker panel?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Honda EU2000i 2000w of power, super quiet, and sips gas.

·
Registered
241 Posts
how often do you lose power? it's probably not worth the money
I used mine for Tire Warmers for my Track Bike, now it sits. I used it for the SOCAL BLACK OUT not that long ago. Camping trips. it's not worth the money until you have no power. lol

·
Registered
671 Posts
itl be worth the money in spoiled food,i sell a bunch of them (along with small engines and small engine accessories)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
We have a couple of cheapo ones from harbor freight. 99.99 2 year warranty.. they work great. We have a huge one for the shop if we lose power. These things are awesome.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you're bringing a generator on a camping trip, you're doing it wrong

I highly doubt that
we're not talking about a 1 time use,if he uses proper stabilizer he could use it for years and itll add up to how much food couldve spoiled,especially if he has to wait till monday

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I'm also thinking of getting 1. I need one powerful enough to run my 1980's box freezer and refrigerator. Right now in my freezer I have about $50 in buffalo, $100 in beef and 1.5 deer (thats one and a half). Don't want to lose all that meat! And it never fails we lose power for at least 24hours once a year.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Honda EU2000i 2000w of power, super quiet, and sips gas.

EU3000i here. On eco-throttle you can have a conversation around it, still even if it's not switched on.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,309 Posts
we're not talking about a 1 time use,if he uses proper stabilizer he could use it for years and itll add up to how much food couldve spoiled,especially if he has to wait till monday

I have the feeling that it'll take a lot of years / power outages over 24 hrs to breakeven; longer if the breakeven analysis is done correctly, taking into account the time value of money

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
I have one that I use when I used to go RC car racing. 100 bucks from harbor freight, have had it for 3 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts