ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92965

Okay well people have swapped the k24 into s2000s, and people have swapped the f20c into miatas, so by natural progression this swap makes sense.

With these things hitting 230-350 whp on pump gas with varying mods, this is pretty damn cool.

Anyone have any new information on this? Very expensive swap. Should be a lot of fun. A f20c would be much easier and cheaper. I have seen them on CL for <3k quite regularly. Either way it would be nice to have an engine that actually makes some good power.

·
Banned
607 Posts
convert a k series to rwd? Why bother w/ the extra complexity? Just f20c it. Unless you've got that much extra money you need to burn away.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Some guy swapped it into his S2000, then turbo'd it. It's cool but sounds really expensive.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not, k-tuned eludes that it's in the game book. Just seeing if anyone had some info on it. Either engine is light years ahead of our current slugs.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm assuming these swaps aren't cheap but if the cost approaches anything in the $8-10k range, why not just put an ls1 in the car? Don't get me wrong, I love the k series, but I'd rather have 8 cylinders lol. Same goes with people swapping the sr20 in, why?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
For some reason alot of import ppl are import and nothing else. They dont even admit or like corvettes or any american sports car that is good. I have friends that just hate v8s..for no reason

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like v8s, but the idea of throwing an engine in that weighs 100lbs less and has twice the horsepower sounds awesome. I'd love to see a f20c miata face off against a k20 crx.

·
Banned
187 Posts
I already have one k20(in my type-S), I'd buy another miata if there was a kit to drop one of these in it. Rotrex the k20 and be pushing 450whp like cake on 93 stock block.... Only reason I dont boost the k20 I've got now is bc it's FWD and can't put the power down.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
My friend has a K20 GT35R powered MR-S, and he STILL can't keep the power down even with it RWD. He's hacking away on the body to mount flares for big as **** rubber. lol

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds awesome Dazed, any pics? He should just get the 15x10 6uls and 275 hoosiers with that type of power. Even that might not be enough though.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
I'll take pics next time I go to his house. His driveway consist of all project cars and he DD his NSX. lol

1) Cressida that he is working on making a mid engine twin turbo tube chassis
2) K20 GT35R MR-S
3) Boosted NSX
4) Boosted 1UZ 280Z flared and dropped.
5) RSX Type S (getting body work)

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Heres a pic of like a quarter of his driveway and garage in the background. You can see the RSX and the 280Z in the air along with his gigantic stack of tires. His garage is a dream of parts. Turbo's galore and so many awesome parts just laying around. I'm so jelly :(

·
Registered
487 Posts
Either way it would be nice to have an engine that actually makes some good power.
A) Engine cost is not a reason to justify a hybrid conversion.

B) Horsepower is not the measure of which hybrid engine conversion is "best".

C) Any hybrid engine swap is neither inexpensive nor an intelligent solution.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts