ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, my mother is looking at the new Highlander green (i love this color) with the 2nd package, leather, auto, and HID headlights. The price is 28,700. How much can we discuss/lower the price to?

How much did everybody else pay?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yea that is too much if it's a soft top. If its a Power Retractable HT then thats about right. I paid under 23500 for a Sport soft top model just incase you might be curious about other options.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe sticker price is around 25,6xx then they added the B package for another grand, and the HID kit for another 1,200.

I forgot to mention it has paddle shifters (6spd auto) and yes its for my mom which is why its a automatic.

**edit** also has a lip kit

Heres the link to the actual car in question. Please let me think what you think about pricing and how much do you think we can get them down to. We are going back to the dealer tomorrow, Saturday.

http://www.montgomerymazda.com/new_inv2.htm

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump for some responses before i go to the dealership

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You should be able to talk them down to around 26k. It's still a manual roof so I'd say 28 is still a little high. Do what I did show you really like it then if they don't give you what you want walk away, but give them your phone number, they WILL call with a better offer. Good luck.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to say FCUK YOU montgomery mazda and I will be talking to your corporate manager for your poor business etiquette.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
tell them you will pay dealer invoice according to kbb.com and not a penny more. Then walk out if they refuse, they will call you back to haggle in a matter of days.

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/PricingReport.aspx?VehicleId=Ni80LzIwMDd8NDM1MzY=&ManufacturerId=30&VehicleClass=NewCar&ModelId=198&WebCategoryId=40&YearId=2007&SelectionHistory=43536|3590|33634|0|0|

Also, try going at the last week of the month, and (Jan ~ Feb) are the best times to haggle as a consumer, the closer you get to summer (now) the less chance you have becasue EVERYONE wants a convt for the summer months.

Phatty

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used my Carolina Miata Club discount which is invoice, 26,5xx. The price wasn't the problem, heck we were going to buy it. The main and most intolerable problem was the fcuking manager who talked to me and my dad like a child while yelling/non-needed tone the whole time. I will go back monday and find out his name and report him to the higher ups. It's been a long long time since I've been at my boiling point about to snap.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
wow, nick, that's awful.

i never liked montgomery. (that's the one out on independence?) i know it's a little drive for you, but there is one out in mooresville. i always had a bit better expereince with the mazda dealer off south blvd. i also used to got the dealer out in gastonia for parts.

call mazda usa for complaints.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, the one on independence.

Heres the thing. We want the highlander green B package (lip kit, hids, traction control, etc etc) which is 26,5xx. Not a bad deal plus its the only one with these options in this color.

We went to the dealership on south blvd and they said they could get me the same deal (invoice+$300 finder's fee). Only problem is that it wont include the lip kit ($1,200) because it's a add on. So total comes out to 29,000 before taxes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i hate car salesman...speaking of i use to be one...<sigh>

was it the sales manager nick? floor manager?
if it was the sales manager, your gonna have a rough time explaining yourself to the big dog...sales managers are jackels. they dont stop for nothing.

and by the way...since im sure they have you number...you or or parents are going to get calls like crazy from other sales people for years unless you ask them to take you off the list.

were you guys going to trade in something?any money down?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jason, I forgot you were a salesmen. Invoice is pretty much bottom price and theres not much a customer can get below that right? unless your a worker/employee?

Thats the bad thing, I think he might be the sales manager, finding out monday.

No trade in, $10,000 down cash/check

·
Registered
586 Posts
I got an 07 Brilliant Black Touring with the appearrance package....they gave to me at
MSRP for 24,000 after tax, tag, and title it came out to 26,900. It's a 6-speed(manual)

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you are lucky (givin you will have cash down) you will get it for invoice. but not likely...they hardly ever do that with new cars...if you do they will stick it to you and say you need more moeny down.

there is nothing as a customer you can do to get it lower...they dont look at it as a used car lot. you only pay one full price...the only thing you can change is how much your monthly payments will be...just remember every 1000-1500 lowers your monthly payments 50-70 bucks.

they wont tell that to you...they will get you right were they want you to sell the car cause they need to make quota. they wont help you after that.

are you financing with them? or with someone else?if you still work for BofA...tell the finance dept that if you get that far in the "long dumb process of buying a new car"

its agony my friend...for you and the salesman...trust me. good luck

·
Supporting Member
75 Posts
"Invoice"is a meaningless number.The true cost of the car is what the dealership paid(less than "invoice",trust me)+floorplanning-holdback-incentives-kickback from the financing company for steering you to them.
Why not do what I did and buy a used '06?There a plenty out there,especially if you're willing to travel to florida for it.The beauty part is that if you want dealer add-ons like a body kit a non-mazda store won't know that its worth more.By buying my 06 with 1900 miles on it from a Lexus dealer not only did I get a decent deal on a touring package with TPM but they had no idea what the mazdaspeed parts were worth-or even that they were different from any other 06 miata.Most used car places are lazy and just print out a KBB window sticker.Use the system to your advantage rather than getting hosed by it.Knowledge is power,and most salesman don't have either. :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
I put no money down..so you know.

For every thousand dollars you put down it'll only take off 20 dollars off your monthly payments.

Figure every 10,000 dollars is 200 in monthly payments without interest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts