ClubRoadster.net banner

2681 - 2700 of 2735 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can give the carbonmiata handles the brushed look very easily and they come up a treat. I have found them to be a very high quality part but each to there own as that what makes everyone’s modded interior special/unique.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I really like the single "hook" appearance, for that reason alone i prefer those over the CM one.

However, i agree with your point greasemonkey about chrome vs machined aluminum.. especially on a part that gets touched a lot

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
@jonpwn: No worries, just trying to help out. I have heard lots of positive feedback on the CM door handles and thus why I made the suggestion.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What deadening did you use? Any prep tips? Looks like you took the plastic cover off the inside of the door. I'm guessing you took the tar off, too?
FWIW, I used a high quality aluminum/butyl sound deadening on my 91 Miata and put it on the exterior door skin and back of the interior door skin and I wouldn't recommend the time/effort.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,363 Posts
FWIW, I used a high quality aluminum/butyl sound deadening on my 91 Miata and put it on the exterior door skin and back of the interior door skin and I wouldn't recommend the time/effort.
Good to know. I like'd Matos's approach because it replaced the moisture barrier (which has been cut up on my car). I've got to go in there to re-do speaker wiring at some point.

BTW...good to see you still on the forum :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow!! What’s left?!
Thx for the compliment. I had it off the road for a couple of months while the gutted the interior.

I have to fit some key hole trim pieces for the centre console lid and the glove box and will also trim the glove box lid and sill trim pieces in leather.

My unicorn is finding some thicker gauge rings for my instrument cluster.

2681 - 2700 of 2735 Posts