ClubRoadster.net banner

2701 - 2720 of 2735 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Geez I sure hope George aka Garage5 will be able to start making parts again, his gauge rings would probably be perfect for you Stephen...

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
@ghetto3: Very nice! Love the DIY cluster setup. :icon_cheers:

I too was able to secure one of Garage5's last sets of NB gauge rings, can't wait to have the extra funds for Revlimiter anti-reflective glass and custom gauges to install them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Geez I sure hope George aka Garage5 will be able to start making parts again, his gauge rings would probably be perfect for you Stephen...
I drool over the Garage5 gauge rings - a step up from the AWD in my opinion. It would be great if they do come back on the market or otherwise Retromodern could be convinced to fill the void.

The AWD rings on Facebook are just a little too much for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A temporary solution in my hunt for thicker gauge rings.

A tri- layer set up.

The oil pressure ring is the deepest, followed by the tacho and speedo rings and then the temp and fuel gauge rings are the standard KG Works rings.

And I tried to re-orientate the photo but it has its own mind. But I am downunder so looks right to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'm really happy with how its turning out.

I've thought about trying some of the electroluminescent wire along the red/black line on the doors and dash. I'm just worried it might be a bit too much. But then, EL wire is pretty cheap, so I may give it a shot and I can just remove it if I don't like the result.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,363 Posts
Personally, I think it'd be too much, but then again, I'm not really a fan of colored lighting aside from gauges/HVAC.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Got the dash installed and wired up. Revlimiter gauges and garage 5 rings with anti glare lenses, Mazdaspeed 312mm perforated leather wheel, heater controls replaced with usb charge port, Revlimiter hazard/light switches and GPS screen in place of stereo. Carbing knob on Miataroadster short shift kit and Autometer cobalt gauges for oil temp and fuel pressure. Innovate O2 MTXL gauge tucked in glove box. The gauge to right will be replaced with an innovate G3 O2 gauge to give an anologue reading more fitting with the rest of the gauges.

Going to lose the Nakamae console and replace with a minimalist carpet console.

2701 - 2720 of 2735 Posts