ClubRoadster.net banner

1661 - 1680 of 2733 Posts

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Wow, did you install all that stuff yourself? That has to be the best install of those parts that I have seen. Usually they up looking like a hack job. Good job man!
Hummina hummina hummina BONER! :bouncin:
Thanks guys. Yes, I did the install myself. It is not fun and my pieces do have some small inconspicuous flaws. I have the gauge hood cover as well, but am really skeptical as to whether or not I am going to be able to make the leather stay tight to it. I am going to order a spare gauge hood so I don't total my mint one in case it doesn't go smoothly.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Excellent work Quinn. I'd love to wrap my a-pillar someday cause it looks miles better than the faded plastic. I just hope it looks half as good as yours.

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts
Thanks guys. Yes, I did the install myself. It is not fun and my pieces do have some small inconspicuous flaws. I have the gauge hood cover as well, but am really skeptical as to whether or not I am going to be able to make the leather stay tight to it. I am going to order a spare gauge hood so I don't total my mint one in case it doesn't go smoothly.

Great job!

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I never thought "class" and "sporty" could ever be in the same sentence.

very much well done man!
Porsche has been doing it for years :p

He did do a fantastic job with those leather pieces though.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm another Redline fan - I did all the install EXCEPT for the tombstone bezel. Paid a shop $25 to do that. Seats are Yonaka and I had them reupholstered to match the Redline interior trim. All of the red metal bits are DIY rattle can Metalcast Red with thick coats of Acrylic clear.

Still a few more details to work out - plan to black out the speaker grills.

The main requirement for these seats was head protection from the roll bar. These come up higher and do the job.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
I'm another Redline fan - I did all the install EXCEPT for the tombstone bezel. Paid a shop $25 to do that. Seats are Yonaka and I had them reupholstered to match the Redline interior trim. All of the red metal bits are DIY rattle can Metalcast Red with thick coats of Acrylic clear.

Still a few more details to work out - plan to black out the speaker grills.

The main requirement for these seats was head protection from the roll bar. These come up higher and do the job.

damn you paid a shop to do a shitty job just like mine...
well yours is a bit better, but still.

upon further review, yours is much better than mine. hahaha

·
Supporting Member
1,291 Posts
Waste of money.They left a nice chunk of grey stuff on their too....ruins the whole thing.

I did the install of the redline leather wrap on my door pulls. Pain in the ass...but with alot of patience it came out almost perfect. Straight stitching and no visible seams where the leather wraps around and needed to be cut.

Trick is to apply glue underneath the stitched areas about 1 inch at a time and let it dry. That way you can control how the stitches will set (curved or straight). Then once you have a row of stitches done you stretch your leather and work on the opposite side of the stitch (next closest stitched area). Same technique. Glue is then added on the edges on the underside where they will wrap around(again stretching the leather tight). I add "V" cuts near the edge of leather so they can fold much easier. I used super glue since its dries super fast and it helps speed things along.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I had a shop do my tombstone as well. The outside stitching looks great, and so does the inner stitching (around the ac etc) but I think it's too much. So I took a black sharpie to the inner stitching and left the outer stitches alone, looks much cleaner and simpler.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I had a shop do my tombstone as well. The outside stitching looks great, and so does the inner stitching (around the ac etc) but I think it's too much. So I took a black sharpie to the inner stitching and left the outer stitches alone, looks much cleaner and simpler.
FOTO??? Might wanna try that out?

1661 - 1680 of 2733 Posts