ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm into watches. wish i could afford something crazy, but the cars always eat up my funds. well here's whats in my weekly rotation for now...
vostok Kommandirskie, "Soviet officer's watch"

my trusty seiko 5

My Bulova, the tuxedo watch

and my favorite right now and always my seiko skx007. look up the specs on that thing, nothing comes close for the price.

·
Banned
607 Posts
I'm a fan on automatic seikos too, I've got an orange monster and a white baby monster

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great collection. Is the russian an ebay watch, how is it and what is the movement? Love the seiko 007 with all the different straps I have been eyeing that watch for awhile.

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the skx is the best watch i've had. was never big on seiko's...my dad was. but after researching and trying some different brands in the same range..like invicta or mako etc. for me, the seiko automatic have the most features you want from a dive watch.
i got the russian watch from a local antique shop. didnt work when i bought it. cost me 50 bucks for a poor mans rebuild by my horologist, and now it keeps time pretty accurately. loses average amount of time for a good mechanical watch. the old vostoks are made on very old machines that were based on the rolex watch making machines from the 40's. ive been told that and read it a couple times. but i could be wrong. get a vintage one and service it. it should be fine.

·
Banned
607 Posts
wished I had better pix, but i beat on these things on a daily basis

I love window backs

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've been lusting for an orange monster. i hear the bracelet and bezel are comparable to the swiss brands in feel and quality

·
Banned
607 Posts
I've been resisting the temptation to send the orange monster out for modifications, the aftermarket is huge! I'd love tinted sapphire crystal & ceramic coating.

Then again, for the cost of mods + labor, I might as well try and hunt down one of these.

·
Murse Magnet
7,840 Posts
My dad has a poljot that his father gave him. Apparently it is a russian officers watch.

it does not keep time and we can not find a place that can fix it. We have taken it to multiple places and they were unsuccessful.

·
Murse Magnet
7,840 Posts
ive got to find it. It is in hiding right now and i have to dig around. Probably ill post up pics if I find it this weekend. I have that much digging to do.

·
Supporting Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
night monster, sounds baller. really like it. always wanted an orange watch and when i found out about these i was hooked.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i never heard about soviet watches ... nice!!!

i only have this one i dont know if its good or bad company, so far its ok, looks like the old seikos my dad used

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a half dozen or so Citizens, a wooden Nixon, some Swatches and a Bathys Benthic Automatic. No pics. I'll get some.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts