1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured Id try this out, saw it on another car forum,
Post your coolest car experience or worst,

best probably my 1st autocross,
worst I have a filled pop can lodged under my brake pedal and almost rear ended someone, luckily my buddy pulled it out in the nick of time

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Best:
I drove my car on a roadcourse (Nelson Ledge's) and also got to drive a modded Viper GTS on said road course. (I spun into the grass and kinda messed up the aftermarket front bumper/splitter but it was still the best experience)
The only real pic I have:

Worst:
Dude I got my neon stuck on a huge "rock" one time. I was in some industrial area taking pics and there was a bunch of concrete pieces (big ones), and since my car was so low, I was moving the car from one area to another and I didn't see it and ran over a big piece of concrete. It got STUCK, right under the driver side floor. I had to get the scissor jack out and jack my car up little by little and kick the piece out from under it. I can still see the indentation it left. :(

The infamous "rocks":

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Best... 2 of them. The first time I drove my first Miata (right before I said "I'll take it!"), I know it sounds cliche, but it was the first time I had ever driven a car so fun. Way better than my Supra :D

2nd best had to be blowing about 20 minutes in a snow covered parking lot after work with that same Miata... first real time driving it in snow and I looooved it.

Worst...

Going down a back road at 3AM after dropping a friend off at home (we had seen a midnight movie showing). Hit a patch of gravel (way under the speed limit) and slid off into a post that was there for no reason.. tore up the right side of the Miata, spun me to the left, messed up my left fender, and then went under a barbed wire fence and hit a hay bale. I got it out myself in about 8 minutes and drove it home. Got it fixed after I saved up, and I'm still driving it and it looks better than ever!!

2nd worst was the first time I drifted in a parking lot (new lot, wet, perfectly slippery :D). Somebody called the police on me and I got off with less than a warning, but my buddy that was riding with me got arrested wrongfully (long story). I was at the station for hours trying to get him out of jail..

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
coolest: on streets of willow sitting passenger seat with an instructor, when everybody was gripping, he was drifting, and while we were in the bowl sliding, an EK with a k20, was ripping it up, and three wheeling in the bowl right infront of us, seeing the rear right wheel lift up, and when he was on his brakes the 4th wheel in the air would stop and it would make his car look like its floating. pretty intense stuff. THAT and riding in the woolery's atom

worst, maybe my accident in my first car

·
Registered
517 Posts
My best experience has yet to happen.

My worst... I bought an MR2 with a cooked engine. The car was at a public storage facility. When I called up the tow company at 1:30pm they said they didn't have any trucks and they would call me back in an hour. I called them again at 2:30, still nothing. Then again at 3:00pm, now they wanted double what they quoted me because they said it was during traffic. So I waited until 7, the rates had gone down somewhat, so I got a truck dispatched. It arrived by 9.

So 8.5 hours waiting at a public storage facility with nothing to read but the manual for my new car. Possibly the worst experience of my life.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Worst car experience: Working at an autoparts store, Destroyed most of the "fun" of cars.

Best car experience: Leaving on the last day at work at an autopartstore. (I REALLY hated that place, well mostly the customers)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Best experiences: so far my first auto cross I did very well in, and when I had an integra and was the quiest between all my friends, plus one night I took an s2k from a dig... that was awesome!

worst experiences: tickets, first wreak, driving the integra and having the front tire fall off...

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Best: Too many awesome choices, so I'll go with the most recent one...driving the Atom legally on CA roads for the first time, and a little kid pointing and exclaiming "Look mom! It's the REAL Batman!" :lol:

Worst: The one time I was in an accident with my Miata. It was my fault, too...I didn't look behind me before starting a U-turn and clipped someone who tried to pass me on the left), and I felt like $&*&$% becuase of it.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
Best is a 3 way tie.

sitting in an Mclaren F1 race car, driving an XJ220 (although not nearly as hard as i would have liked), and riding shotgun to 195 or so in a porsche on the street.

worst.

Rolling my first car in a canyon.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
all the stupid crap I did in my first car was great, driving through fields, on bike paths, taking shortcuts through peoples yards. e-brake donuts on the soccer and baseball fields. Throwing paintballs at other cars/people. Actually all our friends would carry around paintballs and try and paintball eachothers cars. Stupid, but fun, and something I'd obviously never try again, but sorta wish I could. Drag racing on the sod farm FTW!

First autocross experience was even more awesome.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Worst car experience: Working at an autoparts store, Destroyed most of the "fun" of cars.

Best car experience: Leaving on the last day at work at an autopartstore. (I REALLY hated that place, well mostly the customers)
Where did you work? I work part-time at Autozone right now (have for 2 years) and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about :lol:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Running from the cops two nights in a row drifting back in the day. That was a terrible night.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Best experience? There's been a ton. I have to think on that to find "the best".

The worst? I know i've posted my experience with the Miata breaking at Thunderhill back in late 05, 600 miles from home with no trailer. That's not the worst.

Picture that situation... 4x farther from home.

Back in 2002, I was still rockin' the Neon full time. I took it to the national Neon gathering in Belvedere IL. We went to Blackhawk Farms for a track day/HSAC. I had my freshly installed/rebuilt 2.4l swap, and I was primed and ready to go. Yes, 2200 miles from home, i decided a track day was a good idea. Heh.

I get out on track for my first warmup session. I'm pwning n00bs like nothin'. I'm all passing zone "BYE!" every lap.

...until my 5th or so lap. A guy I know in a turbo 2.4l Neon had to give me the waveby after I'd been glued to him like wallpaper for a lap. I come into turn 5 or so, and i'm like "what's that rattle"? I pull in. The guy i passed described my engine sound at 6k as "a coffee grinder".

I toasted every bottom end bearing from lack of oil control. In Wisconsin. Half a continent away from Seattle.

My roommates ditched me to get back to work on time. I got stuck in Illinois, waiting on parts for a week. When they came in, I dropped the bottom of my engine in the parking lot and rebearinged it. That got me to Laramie Wyoming, where I had to do a repeat performance on the side of the freeway. Then I had to u-haul and ditch the car in Salt Lake City.

Certainly an adventure, and I had some fun moments, but it was a long, expensive 3 weeks of hell in a lot of ways.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts