ClubRoadster.net banner

3801 - 3820 of 3855 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Lovely car! What are the foglights? Size?
Thank you. These are PAR36 bulbs mounted in steel shells that Racing Beat used to sell in the early to mid 1990's as "fog lights" for their Type 1 fiberglass nose. I welded brackets on mine that mount to bolts already in the radiator cradle then painted them silver.

PAR36 bulbs were first designed with crayons before anyone realized that light was something you can aim, so they have a pattern suitable for a forklift, the backside of a tow truck or maybe a lawn tractor. Look great though!

Hey guys,

This thread is right up my alley. So many beautiful, retro inspired cars. Brilliant job all.

Cheers,

Guy
With an NB like that, you are right up our alley, that looks great. That's the first time I've seen an NB dressed vintage and thought it was working. The NB body shape and those steelies work great. Did anyone ask yet what wheels they are?

I once came very close to experimenting with widened G60 wheels on my Miata. I love steelies but a lot has to be right about them to look good they just can't be ricer steelies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
With an NB like that, you are right up our alley, that looks great. That's the first time I've seen an NB dressed vintage and thought it was working. The NB body shape and those steelies work great. Did anyone ask yet what wheels they are?

I once came very close to experimenting with widened G60 wheels on my Miata. I love steelies but a lot has to be right about them to look good they just can't be ricer steelies.
Many thanks for the kind words 72Bacon, very much appreciated. Glad you like the way the car looks so far.
I bought the wheels from a company called Oponeo here in the UK. They are brand new, standard 14" with factory offset. I wanted more of a vintage look so chose not to go wider.
Infact, they are meant for a Renault but I wanted the larger bore centre hole to allow me to fit the adaptors for the spinners.
Anyone mind if I add another pic but of the inside this time?

Cheers.

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
That looks really cool!

·
Registered
771 Posts
@72Bacon: Mike! Where have you been? :dunno:
When CR first got "hacked" and everybody's password got reset I just stayed out. Then when Photobucket moved to screw everyone by disabling 3rd party hosting I just completely dropped out for a while and focused on other things. Finally a few months ago I moved my pics to Imgur and restored what threads I could fix. I've been keeping an eye on this thread this whole time.

Many thanks for the kind words 72Bacon, very much appreciated. Glad you like the way the car looks so far.

Cheers.
Wow that's great! You recovered the factory Euro NB split headrest seats, as did I. The headrest delete looks good and is ballsy.

You know this thread had me worried for a while but that last page is really full of win.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Thunderfox, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated and glad you like it.

Hey 100percentjake, maxim7 and 72Bacon are correct. that is the OEM seat recovered in leather by a local guy to me. I usually only run with one seat so just got the driver's side done to save cost. It's inspired by the 246 Dino. :D

The interior is a work in progress and there's plenty more to do.
Your interior looks great 72Bacon. So many superb details. Lovin' the door cards and seats.

Hi Proyea, that's a brilliant looking car. The bumper is cool and gives me an idea of what I've got planned for the front of mine. :)

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

Cheers,

Guy

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,248 Posts
I bought the wheels from a company called Oponeo here in the UK. They are brand new, standard 14" with factory offset. I wanted more of a vintage look so chose not to go wider.

Infact, they are meant for a Renault but I wanted the larger bore centre hole to allow me to fit the adaptors for the spinners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Bryan. sdemo45 is right, I bought the wheels from Oponeo here in the UK. They were actually shipped from Germany and I got great service.
Oponeo has a huge range of OEM steel wheels in black and silver with many different hole styles and fitments.
I chose silver to try to look like the old Dunlop wheels from the fifties/sixties era that a few sports car manufacturers used at the time. I also bought some stickers off EBay to finish the job off. HTH
Cheers,
Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow this thread is incredible! I've just been through all 128 pages - sadly a lot of images are missing or no longer available, so i can only dream about what i missed.

The potential of these cars is insane. Great job building your cars - all of you!

3801 - 3820 of 3855 Posts