ClubRoadster.net banner

3821 - 3839 of 3839 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Paul_B Lovely looking car. Great interior with the supplimental dials and red bucket seats.

@Warhammer Neat two-tone interior and custom door cards. I'd love to hear how you performed the centre console mods too.

This summer was a treat for soft top drivers here in the UK. Many hot, dry days with clear blue skies to enjoy our rides.:)

I recently bought a set of MeisterR Sportive coilovers so my old jalopy sits better now.
I also got a pair of custom badges from RevLimiter for the front wings, thanks Adam. :D
Covered up the original indicator side repeater holes with the badges and fitted some much smaller, LED repeaters beneath.

Here's a couple of pics. Please forgive the rear arch. It's on the "to do" list. ;)

Since this is a retro themed thread, a bit of fun with filters.

Cheers,

Guy

·
Registered
187 Posts
@Warhammer Neat two-tone interior and custom door cards. I'd love to hear how you performed the centre console mods too.
Thanks, Guy. How did you go about mounting your rear view mirror to the dash? I really like that (and your fender mirrors, too)!

Here's a short pictorial of the console/dash project:

Pulled the entire interior, then added insulation with an extra thick layer on the trans tunnel. I installed a "hot rod" brake lever, since the OEM laver was now too tall.

Installed new, virgin carpet and cut all the holes myself. That eliminated all of the now unneeded holes for the original center console.

Chopped the dash and steel subframe (lots of test fitting and adjusting here).

Cut, formed and bonded on a new bottom made from ABS. Used JB Weld and filler to build up and smooth out the edges.

Cut two radio bezels and joined them together to make a new one.

Finally I wrapped all the tan bits of the dash with red fabric, reinstalled everything and then installed a custom window switch unit under the dash.

I'm sure there are better methods to do some (or all) of what I did, but I just figured it out as I went along, lol. My goal was to get a retro, sort of minimalist feel while using modern materials, like the spacer mesh I wrapped the dash with. As a bonus, the flat door cards, dash chop and console delete make the small interior feel quite a bit roomier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Guy. How did you go about mounting your rear view mirror to the dash? I really like that (and your fender mirrors, too)!

Here's a short pictorial of the console/dash project:

Pulled the entire interior, then added insulation with an extra thick layer on the trans tunnel. I installed a "hot rod" brake lever, since the OEM laver was now too tall.

Installed new, virgin carpet and cut all the holes myself. That eliminated all of the now unneeded holes for the original center console.

Chopped the dash and steel subframe (lots of test fitting and adjusting here).

Cut, formed and bonded on a new bottom made from ABS. Used JB Weld and filler to build up and smooth out the edges.

Cut two radio bezels and joined them together to make a new one.

Finally I wrapped all the tan bits of the dash with red fabric, reinstalled everything and then installed a custom window switch unit under the dash.

I'm sure there are better methods to do some (or all) of what I did, but I just figured it out as I went along, lol. My goal was to get a retro, sort of minimalist feel while using modern materials, like the spacer mesh I wrapped the dash with. As a bonus, the flat door cards, dash chop and console delete make the small interior feel quite a bit roomier.
Excellent work! Great attention to detail.

I have an na8 and have always wanted to do a dash swap to an na6... when I do that I may do something similar with the carpeting.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Excellent work! Great attention to detail.

I have an na8 and have always wanted to do a dash swap to an na6... when I do that I may do something similar with the carpeting.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks! When I first pulled the center console, I hated all of the holes that were originally hidden by the console. It turns out that most aftermarket carpets are molded to fit, but the holes are not pre-cut. So when I changed from parchment to black, the new carpet only has the holes that I needed to cut. I really like the look of the trans tunnel when covered with unblemished carpet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Superb job all round Warhammer. Your mods are very professional looking. Thanks for sharing the techniques, much appreciated.
What material did you use for the doorcards? Is it simply a case of unscrewing the padded tops and screwing them into the new card?

As for the dash mounted mirror I simply screwed through the foam of the dash. I would have liked to add a nut to the underside but there was no space above the centre vent air conduits.
It's not a strong set up. The mirror wobbles alot over bumps and I try to avoid adjusting it too much in case it comes off in my hand ;).
Other than that, it's fine (except I can hardly see out the back) but then again, seeing what's behind is highly overrated. :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Seconded. I've been looking for some replacement foglights for a long time and these look perfect. Any details would be much appreciated.
Thanks, I think they are perfect too, I selected them for the size then custom made my own mount to get just the right position I was looking for.

Racing Beat stopped selling these in 1996 or thereabouts. They were intended only for use with their Type 1 fiberglass nose.

When new these were supplied as a bare steel shell with a PAR36 sealed beam bulb in it with no bracket, ready for either painting or plating. I welded a bracket onto mine that use a stock bolt in the radiator cradle for mounting then painted them silver to match.

It would be possible for you to duplicate them if you could locate a bare steel shell for mounting a PAR36 sealed beam bulb.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
@samhain00: Wow! :smile9: That should have been your first post! Gorgeous interior!!

3821 - 3839 of 3839 Posts