ClubRoadster.net banner

3861 - 3875 of 3875 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
MXfiver, what wheels are those? They sure look GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to go with wire wheels with real knock-off's but if those wheels are 15 inch, I think I like them Better. I'm going to go with Talbot mirrors as well. I might mount them about half way as far forward as you have yours mounted. You sure did an OUTSTANDING JOB on your car!!! I Almost needed CPR when I first saw it!!! You can email me at [email protected] Thanks, Chris Zinn
Hi Chris, thanks man, glad you like her. Check your inbox, I've sent you an email 👍

Here's a pic of something I changed during lockdown.

Let me know what you think guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's a beauty Bryan❤
Funnily enough I did mock up some white lips for her before the bumper skin was fully painted.
Let me see if I can find a pic 😉

Here we go.

I may revisit this at some point. The jury's out right now. It's a bit different and could take a little getting used to. I think I like it. Perhaps I could use vinyl first and live with it for a while before I commit to paint. :unsure:

·
Mufasa in Training
33,636 Posts
I wouldn't worry about doing the bumper lip around the grille (I think that's WAY too much, honestly). That said, moving the roundel further towards the bumper and running a stripe through it would be a good way to complete the look.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,744 Posts
The way he has it is very Jaguar-esque... maybe needs to be a bit thinner.

I seem to recall a BRG XKR (i believe) with an orangey-peach colored front grille surround just like that one.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,636 Posts
I dig those gauges. Also, talk to me about that shifter.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ha! Thanks. It's an IL Motorsports shifter that's for an NA (I was too impatient to wait for the NB version to come in stock). NA version only has slotting for 1 pin which is easily worked around by pushing out the farther pin. It doesn't come with a half-moon bushing as you're supposed to reuse the one from the NA. NB version has both slots, and bushings too I think. After that it was a SS 3.5" extension. To make it look like a solid shaft, I essentially sleeved it with a bushed SS tube. The tube is sandwiched between the shift knob and base of the shifter.

This all came in ~50% less than a MR shifter and a little less than the G-racing one, but I got the form factor I wanted. If I were to do it again, I'd save up a bit longer and get the MR version with the 10mm shaft. Mine's closer to 17mm. THICK BOI. But it turned out more than good enough for me! Sometimes you just want to spend money and tinker to do something. Check and check.

3861 - 3875 of 3875 Posts