ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
woah
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'd like to powdercoat my sportmaxs white but i want to refrain from using spray paint... so does anyone know any places that can do it relatively cheap?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yea but if he podercoats them they won't come out fucked up and they'll never scratch. I know a place by my house not sure how much they would charge...I've heard anything from around 100-200 depending on the surface area.

WORCO
2109 Cherry Industrial Circle, Long Beach, CA
562-602-0477

Google that ****.

·
Registered
552 Posts
use the duplicolor wheel paint or just use the clear to protect whatever base coat you lay down. i have it on a set of my wheels and 6k / 2 years later it still looks like the day i sprayed it

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Or do that #-o

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
have you ever considered investing in own personal powdercoating setup. I think it can be done relatively cheap. I have powdercoated and spray painted rims. The finish on powdercoated wheels is amazingly durable and good looking. Even though if your good, and use proper painting sprayed rims can look good too.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The proper way of prepping and painting wheels air can style:

http://6gc.net/index.php?action=howto&itu=68

You don't paint the area with the rivets. JDMaflac painted his wheels white, check up with him.
hmm just use 00 grade steel wool to scuff up the paint, or 250/400 grit sandpaper. 3m makes good automotive stuff that you can even use for wetsanding.. ~$4.00

after u clean all the dust off, then tape over what u don't want to paint and use newspapers etc taped or whatever. i usually mask the inner barrel too or the nasty overspray will make it look crazy

and the paint has directions on how to spray how long to wait etc. follow that and u'll be fine. most important i'd say are, paint at the right temp/humidity, don't spray layers on too thick, and wait the full 10 min between applications. then if u're clearing it, wait the hr for the base before putting it on

its not hard to do just takes a while. #-o

1 - 12 of 12 Posts