ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going s specific route with my car no matter what. Converting the interior to tan to match the Royal Bronze Rota K7's that will be sitting under the car with a tan top. However, I'm wondering if I should powder coat my black HDHC roll bar a matching dark bronze before I put it in?

On an honest opinion, should I paint it to save money? I'm assuming it won't be too expensive to powder coat the bar before I put it in the car but money saved here would be great for the motor budget.

Anybody have some pics of a bronze bar on a blue car? I searched through the "post your blue" cars thread and haven't seen anything of the like (but I did notice a tan top on a blue miata with bronze rims which is the culprit of pointing me this directing, thanks whoever that was!).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm on my phone right now. Give me 10 minutes and I'll be home.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not blue, but this color is called Dark Bronze satin. it matches my 949 6ULs perfectly. It cost $60 to have it done, and that was 3 coats color 1 coat clear. The other quotes I got were for well over $150 with the 2nd cheapest being $145. So not as cheap as you would think. Not to mention having to have someone/the company do the prep work to get it down to raw metal. Mine was raw when I got it, so I had to pay nothing more.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not blue, but this color is called Dark Bronze satin. it matches my 949 6ULs perfectly. It cost $60 to have it done, and that was 3 coats color 1 coat clear. The other quotes I got were for well over $150 with the 2nd cheapest being $145. So not as cheap as you would think. Not to mention having to have someone/the company do the prep work to get it down to raw metal. Mine was raw when I got it, so I had to pay nothing more.

Thanks a lot man. Totally sealed the deal with me. I'm thinking powder coating would be a better long term decision over painting right?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes, in my experience with the wheels I have (powder coated) they are more chip resistant than paint.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are hard dog roll bars normally powder coated prior to shipping? Or is it bare metal?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks a lot man. Totally sealed the deal with me. I'm thinking powder coating would be a better long term decision over painting right?
Powder coat is very strong. You can beat it to **** with a hammer and not chip it. Allegedly. I'm not going to try mine, so don't ask.

Are hard dog roll bars normally powder coated prior to shipping? Or is it bare metal?
HD bars are either black PC, unfinished/raw metal, or polished/stainless. You have to ask for raw, otherwise, their price includes the price of black PC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts