ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i did the flyin miata power steering delete on my 2001 NB miata. which made it so i cant put a belt on my a/c compressor so it doesn't work and now that its summer I'm stuck without a/c cause power steering was the belt tensioner. my question is did the make the nb without power steering and a/c with an idler pulley? or can i take parts off of a na miata. or is there a aftermarket setup.

I know some one else has done this and ran into this problem before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but how am i mounting it between just the a/c compressor and the crankshaft pulley with no way of tensioning the belt? the power steering pump is gone now and that is the factory way of adjusting the tension of the a/c belt.

·
Supporting Member
2,265 Posts
Just get the idler pulley from an NA and mount it and get the belt for NA with AC and no PS...it will bolt up to the spot that the PS was originally in..

Do NOT over think this thing...the Nb 1.8 block is the same as the NA 1.8 block

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to confirm, you can run the NA idler pulley on an NB. I ran mine for a while with the gutted PS pulley still on there just not hooked up to anything. Then swapped it over to an NA idler pulley when I found one at a good price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just open up the ps pump and remove the vanes. Then fill it with ps fluid, plug the holes, and bolt it back up. Then just use it like a belt tensioner. That's what I did, much cheaper/easier than buying a tensioner. It takes all of a few minutes to gut it if its out of the car.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
192 Posts
So I removed the bracket for the tensioner pulley and there was oil on the threads of the three bolts. Is this normal, spoke to a reputable shop which said it is fine to remove, but can anyone else verify that when they removed these bolts whether there was oil on them or not, or if any issues arose etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.