ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just putting my car together after a new motor install. I put a 1.8 in my 93 1.6 car. I also switched the entire harness in the car with another 1.6 harness because I was having electrical issues due to a welding fire.

Now when I connect the battery, all the exterior and interior lights come on. WTF.

As well as that I'm getting no power to the ECU or wideband. (I just want to get into my AEM ecu to change the settings for the new engine but cant).

Also Ive noticed when I shut the car off I get a flicker of the "111" on the wideband which is the very start of the warm up sequence for the AEM WB's

I've gone over the wires and a lot of the fuses but found nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Went over the car again. Got the ECU/Wideband powered up. Was just 2 ground wires on the engine harness. Lights still on with battery though.

Then once that was fixed I noticed some humming from the engine. Seemed to be either injectors or IAC. Pulling either Fuel pump relay in the engine bay stopped the noise but also killed the power to the ECU/Wideband.

The reverse lights come on in neutral only but I think that's just reversal of the Neutral switch and reverse light sensors on the tranny.

The BTN fuse in the bay shuts off all the lights when removed as well as removing the ROOM fuse. The TNS relay does nothing

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it ended out one of the red wires was shorting on the blue/red wire that goes to the ROOM fuse and lighting up everything else. Separated those and voila

1 - 5 of 5 Posts