ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I rolled my window all the way down and when I parked and rolled it up it worked fine but a bit slower than usual. After I was done shopping I rolled my windows down and drove home, when I tried to roll my windows up it went pretty slow and completely stopped just halfway up. I think I heard small clicks as it was going up.

Today I opened up the door to see if I could see what was going on in there. I tried to push up on the window as I pressed the window switch, no luck. I checked the cables and they seemed fine but I am not sure how they are supposed to look. Is it possible that the cables are being caught up in the spool by the motor? Please help! Thanks!

-Will

·
Supporting Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I tried all the methods of fixing the stuck window (cleaning switch contacts, greasing the window tracks and even using shin etsu in the triangle window section) and it still stopped halfway up. So I decided to take the window mech out.

What I found was that one of the many strings was frayed and snapped and was snagging in the rubber tubing where the cable goes through. Pretty much had to unwind the cable spool in the motor so i can find and remove the snapped cable. I put it back together and it works again! Wheeeew, I'm so glad Miatas are easy to work on! Hope this helps anyone else out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts