5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
The super charged one is Pat's, he showed up after I took that pic and was parked next to mine. As soon as the B K drivers showed up I never went back down the row of cars to see if there were any other miata around... :(

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Thanks for the coverage and I must say that is a awesome NC even though im not a fan.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
I must say that is a awesome NC even though im not a fan.
+1 The only NC's I have liked so far have been the race prepped ones.

Pat and I were out at that event not only to see the new B K cars but to support the drivers too, one of them, Gerardo Bonila is a friend of ours from the Martin Sports Car Club (autox). He is driving one of the B K Motorsports ILMS Lites car. In fact he won both of his races at Sebring last week.

More Pics Here: http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template=pa&pa_id=2381&mag_cat=2

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They all run MZRs, as far as I know.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
It is the same 2.0-litre MZR but this car is for the Koni Challenge series, so very few restrictions on what can be done to the motor (unlike the SCCA MX-5 Cup series that seals the motor). I was there when Stu (BSI) was telling us what they did to the motor but I have a hard time retaining that kind of info - I'll get Patrick to chime in here he is much better at remembering these things. As far as the engine, all I recall seeing is the mazdaspeed intake and a custom ignition system.

·
Registered
420 Posts
All I recall is that it has MazdaSpeed Intake/ Header. The motor is built as aposed to the stock internals for the MX5-Cup cars. Also able to run diff and tranny coolers w/fans (Think Nascar style) and race fuel cell.

What I do recall the most is the improved rollcage over the MX-5-Cup cars. Stu says the with the improved rollcage there is no body twist over the MX-5 Cup car. The car minus the front end is all tube frame. The whole cabin is welded to the tube frame in the car. Very neat setup!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Ick, that's all they do to the engines? I'll say this....I've driven two NC's...a 5 speed and a 6 speed...they say it has 170hp? It sure as hell doesn't feel like it....didn't feel any faster than my NA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts