ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was just inspecting my suspension when I noticed that my right rear EBC Red Stuff pad is almost done while the opposite side appears to still have a lot of life left. The worn side is black and shows signs of excessive heat which has melted away the red coating that is still present on the other three pads. Just wondering if anyone had input on why this might be happening? We utilized the correct method to back out the brake cylinder but it appears that the previous owner may not have done so properly when replacing brakes in the past. Could this be the issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It appears that the rear right caliper is always clamped down on the rotor surface. Is this something that can be fixed by just backing out that bolt on the rear??

·
Registered
196 Posts
seized caliper ftw?
+1

Fairly common on these cars.

If you have any other issues (weak pedal feel, fade, etc.) with your brakes you may want to bleed them. I had the opposite issue (one wheel had pads that looked almost new when the rest were half worn) and had air in one of my lines. Bleeding out the old fluid is never a bad idea anyway...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My right rear was pretty fubar'ed when I did pads and I had to replace the caliper. Good news is they're cheap.
Ok thanks for the info guys. Well looks like its off to the junkyards. Anyone parting their NB nonABS out contact me!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bet one of the slider pins is seized! Get them off, cleaned and lubed. Use Permatex from Amazon Green for daily and purple ceramic for track work.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got a rebuilt caliper and switched everything out and took the opportunity to run Dot 4 fluid. After reviewing the new and old, I'm going to say part of the problem was the slider pins, the bottom one was impossible to get off. But most of the issue lied within the screw that backs off the piston which was really worn down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts