3,173 Posts
looks better than before. You certainly did not waist any time

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
How much did all that cost, if you don't mind telling.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Holy Sh!t Sam!! The car looks great!! =D> Are you doing better?!

·
Registered
117 Posts
It does look great, but if you were having that much body work done, why didn't you have them toss the luggage rack in the process?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought about the luggage rack after i got it back. Stupid me didn't even think about having it taken off!

It came up to $2750... plus he painted my flaked side mirrors, cleaned up the gash on my drivers side door, and fixed something under the car. He detailed the inside and it looks beautiful :) It's like a whole new car!

I'm turning in the Aveo today... it was fun while it lasted haha. And no, I'm not any better, but I'm happy to have my car back. I missed it a whole lot.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good stuff, glad you're back in your Miata. It does suck that your back is still messed up. Be sure to get some money from her insurance company if you can.

·
CR.net Supporter
653 Posts
glad to see that your miata is fixed again i was just looking at ur post on car the other day about that. where did you have the body work done? im in need of some minor stuff

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You need to get a chiropractor and see if your back got screwed up. If it did then you need to sue that little prick and put more goodies on your car. :wink:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A friend of my dad's did it. He's been doing body work forever, and his brother is a great painter too.

Suing would require an attorney. I do not want to lose 33.333% of my settlement when I already know what to do on my own :p I'm pretty happy with my physical therapist, and I've been 100% sober for a month! woohoo! thanks to the meds :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You don't need an attorney, you just need to pay the doctor and your insurance company will sue the other drivers insurance company. Then when you get a settlement the your insurance company will pay the doctor. A settlement minus 33% is better than no settlement.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
You don't need an attorney, you just need to pay the doctor and your insurance company will sue the other drivers insurance company. Then when you get a settlement the your insurance company will pay the doctor. A settlement minus 33% is better than no settlement.
Aye, any insurance company worth their salt will have a crack team of lawyers ready to do your bidding :lol: I got hurt in a wreck a long time ago and they did just that. They were ever more vigilant because the other insurance company were being a bunch of dicks. I ended up getting a full settlement for my car (which was completely totalled) plus an extra 4 grand (which went towards tuition :lol: ).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts