ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s the deal: our “KISS” doorcard kit for NA (1990-97) Miatas is now ready for production. This being the debut run for the first of three (3) models of !n-joy doorcards we are going to release, we would like to use this opportunity for potential customers to help us jumpstart the production run while the early-adopters get a possible discount. This is a one-time group buy deal, so we are limiting this debut run at 10 sets at $100 SHIPPED per set. After this, the retail price of future kits may possibly rise slightly, so be sure to take advantage in case it does.

To order:
  1. Check if your upper panel (where the arrow is pointing) matches this photo below. If you do have this upper panel, PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS KIT AT THIS TIME. We are making a doorcard specific to this upper panel.
  2. PM me (VagaXt) the following information:
    • Do you have power or manual windows? (yes or no)
    • Your shipping address
  3. Paypal $100 as PERSONAL > PAYMENT OWED to [email protected]
Product Information:

An early prototype photo of the KISS model. Mind the scratches, this piece was made with some scrap material to cut the first-ever KISS doorcard.

[/quote]

Here’s a short summary of what this doorcard kit is. The model name “KISS” stands for “keep it simple, stupid”, catering to the classic engineer’s philosophy to ensure something is completely functional, focused solely on fulfilling its purpose and to not be hindered by unnecessary items and features. As the name suggests, this is our interpretation of a sportscar-driving minimalist’s view of what a Miata interior door panel should be like: no armrest, no handles, lighter than OEM, clean-looking, more interior space. Of the three (3) doorcard kits we will be releasing, this is the lightest and most basic model !n-joy will produce.

This kit includes everything you need to install the doorcards to your NA (1990-97) Miata:
  • Two (2) lightweight PVC door panels
  • Eighteen (18) stainless buttonhead screws
  • One (1) drill bit
  • One (1) thread tap
We are aware some NAs have manual windows and others have power windows, so it’s important for customers to mention what type of windows they have since that determines whether or not if we will cut a hole for those with manual window crank handles.

Here are the weight specs compared to the OEM setup:

Official weight for the K.I.S.S. model vs. OEM has been recorded. Note that this comparison includes the weight of the every part that is required for each installation, i.e. to install one (1) K.I.S.S. doorcard, you are replacing/removing the following OEM parts associated with one (1) OEM doorcard:
  • NA6 vinyl-cardboard lower doorcard and associated plastic fasteners
  • NA6 speaker grill cover and associated plastic fasteners
  • NA6 door handle/armrest and associated OEM screws
Replacing the one (1) OEM doorcard is the following !n-joy K.I.S.S. doorcard kit for NA6/NA8 Miatas (1990-97):

• NA6/NA8 (1990-97) Miata K.I.S.S. lower doorcard
  • 9 stainless steel buttonhead screws
!n-joy K.I.S.S. doorcard kit for NA6/NA8 1990-97 Miatas total weight: 24.5 oz or 1.53 lb
OEM doorcard components that the former kit replaces: 44.0 oz or or 2.75 lb

Difference: 19.5 oz or 1.22 lb lighter per door on an NA6 (1990-93) Miata

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, please note that the rules are that those with payment paid will have a guaranteed spot in the group buy. If you happen to get beaten to the punch for the last spot, we will refund your money.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: PRESELL GROUP BUY: !n-joy “KISS” Doorcard Kit for NA (1990-97) Miatas

Ok, we have been getting bugged from people with speakers via PM wanting holes precut for their speakers. We are holding back on the option for now because we are working on a very VERY special speaker grill for those with speakers. Leon drew a CAD drawing of it today, and OMG, you guys will not be disappointed and your patience will be rewarded.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
In for rendering. :)

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

jux said:
In for rendering. :)
In to actually buy the kit with speaker grill or just to look? :)

Note that the $100 shipped price is the kit pictured. The grill ain't free.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
In to actually buy the kit with speaker grill or just to look? :)
Would love to see the proposed speaker cover you cats have in mind. I think these basic cards would be perfect for the R-pkg, but I refuse to go without tunes.
Happy to wait a bit if there's going to be a reasonable turnaround time on R&D. :)

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

With the responses so far on this current presell doorcard kit and people wanting options right away, we are thinking about closing this presell group buy and reintroduce this thread. This thread was supposed to appeal to people who want a bare-bones, no-frills prerelease of the full line of doorcards that will be released in the next coming weeks.

However, the price on the soon-to-be released production kits will be slightly higher since new better-looking hardware will be provided and will be packaged with our bespoke designed door handles. Options will include holes cut for speakers along with our own designed covers.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

tc200 said:
Will the kiss model (no door pulls) still be available or is this the only opportunity to get this particular design?
This will be the only opportunity to buy this prerelease version of the KISS model.

After this, the hardware will be switched to more elegent versions, the KISS doorcards will be offered with options for speaker holes and grill covers, and they will include our own designed door pulls. Because of these features for the full-release production version of the KISS model, the price will change to reflect these extra features and options.

·
Loves V8s. Hates you.
176 Posts
This will be the only opportunity to buy this prerelease version of the KISS model.

After this, the hardware will be switched to more elegent versions, the KISS doorcards will be offered with options for speaker holes and grill covers, and they will include our own designed door pulls. Because of these features for the full-release production version of the KISS model, the price will change to reflect these extra features and options.

I love the design, But I am going to hold out for speaker holes and a door pull.
nylon loop would rule for the door pull...

Edit- Just took a look at your site - stuff looks good.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the design, But I am going to hold out for speaker holes and a door pull.
nylon loop would rule for the door pull...

Edit- Just took a look at your site - stuff looks good.
The loop is going to be leather, not nylon.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Haha I thought these were going to be KISS themed door cards XD

·
Registered
766 Posts
I will purchase with cash at KINOD when you get the door panels with door pulls and speaker holes. Would get these, but I just spent money on new speakers and head unit,. I have been waiting for these to come out for so long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts