ClubRoadster.net banner

481 - 500 of 538 Posts

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Man, someone should really go through and condense all the great info as far as what seats fit with what mounts and what heights and rollbars........ and put it in the first post. I see a lot of the same questions asked more than once.

Would be a lot easier if this info was on the first page (for you too, Kazespec)!

Also, I don't remember seeing exactly WHY a V2 sits you lower than a V1? Holes look to be about the same height, no? What is the difference?

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Holes are .5" lower on the V2. I can put all the seats that fit on the first page, but as for the roll bar situation, that depends on a seat by seat basis.

-Henry

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Holes are .5" lower on the V2. I can put all the seats that fit on the first page, but as for the roll bar situation, that depends on a seat by seat basis.

-Henry
So the 'new' V1's don't have these .5" lower holes? I thought I saw that in here somewhere.

Understood on the rollbar thing, but yeah the seat list would be very helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
anyone have image of the V2 for passenger side, specifically for NB?

Do they require any hammering or cutting of the tunnel? Hoping to find a 'plug and play' solution for my passenger bucket (Fx1 pro)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi -

Will the V2 mount work with a Corbeau FX1 Pro for both the driver and passenger seats? My driver's side stock rear mount humps are removed, so it would attach directly to the floor.

If so, and you're able to ship to Canada, I'll take one driver and one passenger V2.

Cheers,
Bryan

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Hi Bryan,

To get the FX1 Pro to sit all the way down, you need to cut off the humps on the seat as well. Also, since the seat mounts are already prebent to mount to the rear humps, and getting one designed to mount to the floor would cost more and take more time, if you are up to bending the rear tabs yourself (like another member did earlier in this thread) that is a route you could take. PM me if this sounds like it'll work for you.

-Henry

·
Registered
826 Posts
So I've got a problem and sorry for the terrible quality picture.

I recently bought a garage star bracket to mount my Vios3 replica, got it in and on the closest setting, I am sitting too far away from the controls. Here is where the the rear mounting bolt sits relative to the rear most screw on on the door sill plate. I need that mounting location to be nearly an inch and a half further forward, and i need to know if your V1 mount will let me get close enough to the steering wheel. I am about 5'6" and have an inseam of around 29 inches.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Ya with your seat and height, the v2 mount all the way forward should work for you. I have a fairly new one I might be interested in trading for your garage star mount

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
So I've got a problem and sorry for the terrible quality picture.

I recently bought a garage star bracket to mount my Vios3 replica, got it in and on the closest setting, I am sitting too far away from the controls. Here is where the the rear mounting bolt sits relative to the rear most screw on on the door sill plate. I need that mounting location to be nearly an inch and a half further forward, and i need to know if your V1 mount will let me get close enough to the steering wheel. I am about 5'6" and have an inseam of around 29 inches.

Yes, the V1 mount will work for your application. The great thing about the V1 is that the side mounts can be reversed to gain more forward mounting. I have the same measurements as you.

-Henry

·
Registered
826 Posts
Alright. Two follow up questions.

My mounting holes seem to be just over 11.5 inches apart, will that work on the V1 mount?

and how do I order with a credit card for $200 shipped? you website wants to charge shipping.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Alright. Two follow up questions.

My mounting holes seem to be just over 11.5 inches apart, will that work on the V1 mount?

and how do I order with a credit card for $200 shipped? you website wants to charge shipping.

Yes the V1 will work for that mounting distance. The $200 shipped price was an introductory price, and on this forum I can't change the first post. I've tried contacting mods and admins but no one has changed it yet. Current pricing is $200+shipping.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Anyone installed a Cobra Imola Pro seat with either mount?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So cool to see products like these available for the Miata!

I haven't purchased a NB yet, but when I do I want to be LOW

***What seat/mount combo will get me the lowest?***

I am 6'0 and 176lbs (33" waist) so I should fit in most seats.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The absolute lowest would be removing the seat mount humps on the car and bolting the seat to the floor.

Using these mounts, anything that fits the V2 mount will be the lowest.

481 - 500 of 538 Posts