ClubRoadster.net banner

501 - 520 of 538 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,665 Posts
How comfortable is that seat and rail combo? That's the exact setup I'm interested in going for.
Autocross is 90 minutes each way and no complaints from me. Seat is comfy with all the padding in but I also sat in one before I bought it. Shoulders are a little wider and less pushed forward than a lot of seats.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Autocross is 90 minutes each way and no complaints from me. Seat is comfy with all the padding in but I also sat in one before I bought it. Shoulders are a little wider and less pushed forward than a lot of seats.
Hmm...that might work good for me then. Broad shoulders makes fitting in seats tough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought before I read through this thread... I am running a buddy club spec wide which shares the same mounting dimensions as the sparco sprint 410mm wide, 290mm hole to hole. Just wondering how bad it's going to suck hammering out the panels for the new adjustable mounts (V1)... I read the earlier stuff about the minor hammering, then some update about major hammering, and finally some stuff about running no carpet. If this carpet thing is true, the mount will be sent back in minutes... Lack of Internet info is frustrating...

·
8,665 Posts
I fit a Sparco Evo 2 Plus with a LOT of transmission tunnel hammering and carpet in place. The carpet is like 1/8" at most so that shouldn't be a huge deal.

Is the seat wider or narrower than the mount? Could you run a spacer on the inside to push the seat slightly outboard? (Knowing that you'll bury the seat wing into the door top)

These cars are small man... gotta cut or smash somewhere...

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Bought before I read through this thread... I am running a buddy club spec wide which shares the same mounting dimensions as the sparco sprint 410mm wide, 290mm hole to hole. Just wondering how bad it's going to suck hammering out the panels for the new adjustable mounts (V1)... I read the earlier stuff about the minor hammering, then some update about major hammering, and finally some stuff about running no carpet. If this carpet thing is true, the mount will be sent back in minutes... Lack of Internet info is frustrating...
Hammering it isn't really that bad. You just need a sledge or big hammer. The very first V1's only needed minor hammering. The revised V1's require the same amount of hammering as a V2, due to PCI making it wider. The carpet is not thick, 1/8" thick like stated, but if you have an NB and you are going to run the seatbelt bracket, you will need to hammer more at the rear of the transmission tunnel (due to NB's having a narrower tub).

-Henry

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussed this with Bryan from Fab9. Excellent customer support. Full review to come once mine arrives(hopefully soon:/)

Thanks for the confirmation, Henry. The comment abou carpet was on page 13 and nobody denied it, so I was concerned!

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
Just updating this to let everyone know that we are no longer calling these Version 1 and Version 2. They are now called "adjustable" and one piece.

-Henry

·
Registered
233 Posts
So what's the easiest way to install these? Install the mount in the car and then install the seat? Or put the seat on the mount and then bolt it into the car?
Just wondering how everyone else did it. With the set back edition, there isn't too much room for me to reach behind the seat and tighten the rear bolts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
8,665 Posts
I have the set back and tried my damnedest to bolt the set to the bracket then drop it all in. It wasn't happening. I think I managed 3 bolts and thought about it... then wised up.

I ended up bolting the bracket in first. My seat bolts are allen heads so I cut off about 1/4" of an allen wrench and then used a ratcheting box wrench to tighten them. It's a pain to get the spacers and washers all lined up. Go in with your bucket of patience full.

Just because...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for the response, I'll have to try that tonight. Mine are Allen heads as well.

Besides the install, this mount is great! Sits way lower and more centered than the Planted mount I previously had.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
8,665 Posts
You're welcome. Definitely WAY better than Planted. We put a set of those in a friend's car. They may not be terrible in a big roomy car but that universal base and welded tabs... not for a Miata!

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Best way to install these, is 2 thread the front bolts by hand, then insert the seat mount into the car with the seat attached. Bolt the mount down, to reach the back holes just swing the seat forward. Then you will need a ratcheting box wrench to install the rear seat bolts (for the trans. side).

-Henry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just picked up a Recaro PP today for my NB and wanted to order a PCI bracket. I'm a short guy (5'5) I'm thinking going with the adjustable if the better choice. Someone local mentioned to me that there is a specific bracket made for the Recaro PP just wanted to check on that before ordering the adjustable. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Never mind I saw on the site where you ask to mention that the bracket is for a Recaro PP so I did. Adjustable bracket ordered thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Received my adjustable bracket today but didn't receive the following. Tried calling but no answer, pretty disappointing to not get what is suppose to come with the order.

- Stainless steel laser etched bolt on logo plates
- 1/4″ x1.25″ round black delrin side mount spacers included in kit

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
Hi RedSox,

I apologize that you didn't get those parts. I'll send you the missing parts right away.

-Henry

501 - 520 of 538 Posts