ClubRoadster.net banner

521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of those who have installed Sparco Sprint seats using these PCI mounts, which mount (V1/adjustable or the V2/fixed) will get the seat closest to the steering wheel? I have a 29" inseam so I need to be as close as possible to the pedals.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Of those who have installed Sparco Sprint seats using these PCI mounts, which mount (V1/adjustable or the V2/fixed) will get the seat closest to the steering wheel? I have a 29" inseam so I need to be as close as possible to the pedals.

I think if you use the V2/fixed and non set back edition, you should be close enough to the pedals. Probably to the steering wheel as well.

If you're using an aftermarket wheel and not close enough, you could always add a spacer.

I'm using the setback edition in my car at the closest setting. I'm ~6ft and have around a 32" inseam and it's just about perfect for me there. But I was too far from the wheel and had to kinda reach to turn. But I've since added a 60mm spacer and now it's right in my lap. Seating position is just about perfect now! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think if you use the V2/fixed and non set back edition, you should be close enough to the pedals. Probably to the steering wheel as well.

If you're using an aftermarket wheel and not close enough, you could always add a spacer.

I'm using the setback edition in my car at the closest setting. I'm ~6ft and have around a 32" inseam and it's just about perfect for me there. But I was too far from the wheel and had to kinda reach to turn. But I've since added a 60mm spacer and now it's right in my lap. Seating position is just about perfect now! :D
Are your legs bent at all with the V2/non-set back version? A picture with you in the seat might be helpful, if you could post one. :)

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Definitely the 1 piece, standard.

-Henry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Props to Henry for great customer service. He recommended the laid back bracket, flipped around since I'm short. Turned out it was too close, so he accepted that in exchange for the standard bracket. I was able to fit a Sparco Evo in a '96 with minimal BFHing and only a little interference with the door. I'm going to see if this bracket will fit my 2016.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, I'm looking to mount a Recaro SPG in an NB. I'm 6'2" and would like to be able to have the seat as far back as possible with room for a roll bar. From what I can tell, it seems like I need the "V2"/non-adjustable mount with setback option and Recaro-specific width. Can you confirm? Are people able to use most roll bars with that setup? Can it still accommodate a stock seat belt or am I limited to just harnesses?

Thanks!

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
There is no Recaro Specific width for the SPG. The Recaro option was specifically for the Pole Position since it has different side mounting holes. With the SPG, the adjustable seat mount w/ set back side mounts will fit better than the fixed seat mount. The fixed seat mount will leave you with some space between the side mount and the seat. You can still use the stock seat belt.

-Henry

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,666 Posts
I can say that I'm running a Recaro SPG knockoff with the setback mount. At 5'11" with a 31" on the most forward holes it's damn near perfect. No issues with roll bar contact. The wing does hit the door pad but I chose to center the seat rather than pinch it towards the inside of the car.

If I recall, I'm running some aluminum spacers between the mount and the seat to make up for the ~1/4" gap.

I would buy it all again.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #532
I can say that I'm running a Recaro SPG knockoff with the setback mount. At 5'11" with a 31" on the most forward holes it's damn near perfect. No issues with roll bar contact. The wing does hit the door pad but I chose to center the seat rather than pinch it towards the inside of the car.

If I recall, I'm running some aluminum spacers between the mount and the seat to make up for the ~1/4" gap.

I would buy it all again.
thanks for your input!
:icon_cheers:

-Henry

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 5' 10", 30" inseam planning on using sparco evo, in stock NB2 seat i sit one or 2 clicks from all the way back. V2 standard or setback ?

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,666 Posts
I'd say Standard for both of you. I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I run the set back with a sonic SPG knockoff and I'm using the furthest forward mounting holes and it's perfect.

I'd share pics but Photobucket is a piece of **** and I haven't migrated everything yet...

·
Registered
13 Posts
So figure I could post in here. Looking at these seat mounts for my NB2 Miata. Have an OMP TRS-E Seat. Was curious what seat mount you would go with. Will say I am 6'4" So trying to get a little lower.

521 - 538 of 538 Posts