ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new battery. I put it in and when I turn the key all I hear is a buzz noise. I put the old one battery in after and it did the same thing. What is wrong? I want to drive my car. :cry:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My accessories come on. No corrosion, connected properly. I'll check that fuse though.

Is there anything else it could be?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a BUZZZZZ. I just kick started it and it is running. I dont know if it'll start if i turn it off.

Could it be a bad starter or relay? I'm confused.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I drove my car to a friends house. (about 4 miles from mine) I turned the car off and turned the key over and it started. I guess when it gets to operating temp it'll start fine, but when it is cold it wont start.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I had the same problem when i installed my westco a few years back. I just scrubbed the terminals real real good

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The wheelchair battery is the same as the mazda battery. It has the same amperage and volts. From what i have read on other sites, alot of miata owners buy wheelchair/golfkart batteries. My friends and alot of people have told me it is the starter relay is going out. Does anyone know where it is located?

·
4,438 Posts
The wheelchair battery is the same as the mazda battery. It has the same amperage and volts. From what i have read on other sites, alot of miata owners buy wheelchair/golfkart batteries. My friends and alot of people have told me it is the starter relay is going out. Does anyone know where it is located?
Oh lord....Play smart and do it right with your battery.

Go here for more info:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49710&highlight=wheelchair+battery
http://www.miata.net/garage/battery.html

1 - 20 of 34 Posts