ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent enthusiasm and interest in the procurement and production of ClubRoadster.net items, such as stickers, t-shirts, and the like has been increasing!

There have been a couple of very fine members who have offered their assistance in the production of CR.net "swag." One member has already produced examples of stickers.

While the mods and I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in producing items to better promote ClubRoadster.net, at this time all production of items representing ClubRoadster.net should cease.

From the beginning, it has been my personal feeling, and that of the mods, that items such as stickers/decals, t-shirts, etc. be made available through a process either initiated or directly controlled by me, Tim Allen, the site owner. This is mainly to protect the name and image of ClubRoadster.net, as well as my interests, and ensure that profits from the sale of said merchandise go to maintaining and improving the website.

Randy (Phatmiata) and I have been researching getting stickers and t-shirts made long before members started to offer making them.

A couple of months ago, I got a first-run batch of stickers made at a local place and brought them to "The Gap" where I handed them out to CR.net members and mods that were at the event. Upon my return from the Gap, I wanted to look into finding another shop that could do the stickers, and possibly t-shirts, that weren't going to charge a lot, as was the case with the first-run batch. I got behind with work and personal things and Randy himself got behind with personal and work things as well. We kinda had things on hold. There was kind of a lull in requests for stickers and/or t-shirts for a while, so it got pushed further to the bottom of my list of things to do.

However, I am happy to announce that Randy has come through and had a local shop produce a first batch of example stickers of varying sizes and colors. He is also going to be getting t-shirts and hats done.

(PLEASE - No requests for orders at this time. This is merely an announcement to aprise everyone of progress.)

There may come a time in the future when it will be economical or logistically beneficial to appoint approved resources to facilitate the production and distribution of ClubRoadster.net items.

If and until that time arrives, there is to be no production of items representing ClubRoadster.net in any way without the expressed WRITTEN consent of me, Tim Allen, Site owner and Administrator.

I would like to personally thank each and every member for not only being a part of the greatest Roadster site ever, but also for each and every day, making it better - whether by posting or getting the word out to a fellow enthusiast.

So...all those excited and eager for ClubRoadster.net merchandise, stay tuned!

Information on products, specs, and prices will be coming very soon.

Sincerely,
Tim Allen
Owner and Admin
ClubRoadster.net

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, sorry. Forgot to mention Bill's cards. I gave him the approval to continue to do that.

·
2,708 Posts
I think people are just being a little impatient (I don't blame them) with the stickers and stuff, which is why they are making them on their own. I realize you are busy with your "real" life but people need instant-gratification, especially after seeing some of yous sportin' them at the Gap awhile back. We want in on the roadster-love also!

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,081 Posts
It doesn't really matter...life happens, and there's not much we can do about it. I think for a lot of us, the car is very much a side hobby. Tim, myself, and a lot of other guys have jobs that really do not lend themselves to long hours of free time because we're juggling several projects at once--and our customers don't really care if we're working more than just 9 to 5 to make them happy.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
It doesn't really matter...life happens, and there's not much we can do about it. I think for a lot of us, the car is very much a side hobby. Tim, myself, and a lot of other guys have jobs that really do not lend themselves to long hours of free time because we're juggling several projects at once--and our customers don't really care if we're working more than just 9 to 5 to make them happy.
Ditto on that one. By the time I get home it's already dark out, and I really don't feel like getting up any earlier than 6:30am to work on my car during the week :x

Back to the topic at hand, I already sent out some envelopes and a donation for the cards, but I can wait for some stickers and t's to be made :mrgreen:

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate everyone's patience.

I promise you guys won't be disappointed. :wink:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm still waiting for a Paypal button so I can donate. I'd think this is the first thing you'd want to do, Tim. I've got money just burning a hole in my pocket.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not meaning to get off topic, but I will try and get the Paypal donation option going tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts