ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Miata
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Past week I have managed to get the modified flasher in and LED's in all the exterior lights except for the side markers.

Installed the Freeway Blaster horns (AM80S-R) with a relay. I used a black wire from the fuse box to the relay. You can not tell that it is there.

I also bought 3 Miata switches ( headlight adjuster, power mirror, and cruise control). I don't have these options but the switches look much better than those blank inserts.

Last week I got the airbag storage with magnetic lid on. I installed a stop screw to keep the lid level.

I also removed the steering column spacer removed. That made a huge difference in getting in and out of the car. Don't need to wiggle my butt and legs to get in anymore.

I redid the window washer system with new pump and hose. I used blue silicone aquarium tubing and a Ford OEM pump. I have the Ford nozzles on but I don't like them. I may go back to the adjustable Mazda ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Miata
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took the time to check the roof drains today. They were nice and clear.

The windshield washers still don't squirt high enough. I saw a video that the showed Ford / Tribute nozzles squirting higher and better. I am disappointed especially since I put in a new pump. The nozzles I bought are Dorman from Rock Auto. They are a direct replacement and look the same as the factory ones.
I am thinking that the Dorman ones may be crap. I went ahead and ordered factory Ford ones. I will post the results.

I am beginning to look for another hood and trunk lid. The hail damage is too bad to repair. We tried a paintless dent puller which does do a fair job. Just too many dents though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts