ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so the other day i was kicking around a few ideas for a new and wild path to take my car on, and a friend mentioned to me about doing a breast cancer pink theme. And i loved it!! So im starting off simple and i am going to paint the rims, front and rear lip, and the shrouds of the light housing on my NA. Then work my way up to a breast cancer awarness paint job and other things of that sort. Another friend also mentioned about getting sponsorships or working out deals with companies where i could represent their company (with a sticker or something to that effect) on the car, if they would sponsor the car with parts or money for parts/paint job/vinyl wrap etc. What do you guys think?

Project save the ta tas!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
progress has started... emails have been sent and im hoping to get some support from these companies!!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
On the surface it looks like a cheap attempt to get free stuff and your car painted the color you want. However if it is not that and you truly are going for breast cancer awareness then I applaud you. Having your vehicle represent such a touching and strong subject comes with its own set of rules and dedications. It is more than just driving around in a pink car thinking your the man. It is attending events, attending fundraisers, using your car to not only raise awareness but raise money to donate to research. It is using your car to make the investments made in it pale in comparison to the good it does to the community. It is being able to show that because people invested $5k in your car, your car will give back 10, 20 even 30k to the cure. Anything less then this and in my personal opinion you are just a self serving douche looking for free crap and riding on the shirt tails of a life threatening problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really am, and i really hope you didnt mean the last sentence. I wanted something new and different with my car, and after the idea was brought to my attention, im going to do it no matter what... if i get no money or support it will still be done. Rims and trim panels are being painted tomorrow, and i having a friend hand paint the hood. So even if i get 0 support, i will still be supporting BCA everywhere i go

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I really am, and i really hope you didnt mean the last sentence. I wanted something new and different with my car, and after the idea was brought to my attention, im going to do it no matter what... if i get no money or support it will still be done. Rims and trim panels are being painted tomorrow, and i having a friend hand paint the hood. So even if i get 0 support, i will still be supporting BCA everywhere i go
I did mean what I said but if you truly stand behind what you are saying then it has no bearing. Just in reading about the idea it came across to me as "I want to paint my car pink, oh pink is for breast cancer, oh i bet I can get money from them".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok, i understand where you're coming from. And no i would of wanted my car to stay white lol. I was just figuring if im going to keep going with this idea on my own, i would like to see if i could get any support. Im in the tamp bay area, and our miata group is already working and sourcing out other members that have the skills or connections to help out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts