ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I know - My cousin sold me these for $30. Old School Mongoose seats. They will give me something to practice my upholstery skills on before I 'Nakamae' my Corbeau lowbacks with headrests.

I'm planning black grained vinyl with fluted basketweave vinyl centres. . .

I'll probably insert some belt grommets at each side to run harnesses too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hmmm . . . too many seats? Which opnes shall I sort out first. . .the ones on the right win for me. Vented basketweave centres and leather sides?

I've made a start tidying up the engine bay too.

Charcoal filter now gone . . . exciting plans afoot!

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Please tell me the charcoal canister delete is making way for your intake? Those AFMs are so damn restrictive...

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Silverstone.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
^So excited. . .having the full Jenvey ITRB kit and an OMEX ECU fitted in February. Christmas is a little late this year.

I can't wait. . . this is the mod that I have been waiting for. Once it's fitted and I have taken the cat off to get the full benefit of my Corn*s exhaust Ronin is going to be transformed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love the may your roadster looks, retro, simple (withs only 14" wheels) but very classy!

I will follow the same way for mine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ahem - I think I have neglected this thread for far too long.

Look what I bought today :)

Complete Jackson Racing kit with upgrade Track Dog Racing Tensioner with Flanged Idle Pulley upgrades, upgrade supercharger bypass check valve,*MSD timing Controller, a Rising rate Fuel pressure regulator, brand new Gate Belt and extended throttle cable with bracket + instructions for fitting.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Please tell me ITBs are still happening in conjunction with the supercharger...
Unfortunately not. . . for the forseeable future anyway.

The company I had paid a deposit to for the ITB supply/engine management supply and installation couldn't deliver on the commitment so I got my money back. I had been holding out for ITBs but then this complete JR kit came up for sale and I managed to snag it for a great price so will be installing this and seeing what else requires upgrading over the next 6 months with the additional HP (Clutch, Brakes, etc). Then I'll see where to go next powertrain wise (intercooler, etc).

TBH I hadn't planned on this upgrade at this time as I am slowly overhauling Ronin (Dash is out at the moment for a refurb and enhancements) and he will be changing his appearance significantly over the next 6 -12 months. Keeping it real and retro though and the supercharger will fit in nicely with my plans ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
. . .and, I'm back in the room.

Its only taken me since last August to get Ronin back on the road!

I started installing the supercharger kit but then decided to install a Reverant built Megasquirt MS2 as well, which also led to the installation of an Innovate LC-2 Wideband sensor. Funds were scarce so it took a while to get it all together but I finally got everything sorted last week and after a couple of minor teething troubles I'm glad to say I am finally enjoying Roadster life with supercharger performance. :)

I'm currently only running standard injectors and fuel pump but will upgrade when I can afford a better clutch, brakes and cooling as well. Will either go with a charge-cooler setup or an over the radiator inter-cooler. Swapped out my HKS Super Power Flow filter for a K&N paper one as well.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts