ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Decided to wrinkle paint the rocker cover. Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped so will probably get done again at some point, but for now it's on the car. It has tidied up the look of the 'bay a bit. . .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
M45 indeed. Not rolling roaded it yet as I want to add bigger injectors and an intercooler first. Just road tuned so far so no idea on horsepower but its certainly quicker ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Nice even spread throughout the rev range. :)

Really wrung it out for the first time last night. First time I've heard the charger over my Car Make Corn*s exhaust! The combination of the two at the top end was hair raising.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Winter is coming.

Ronin has been tucked away in the 'Man Cave' for a refurb and to give me time to work out whats wrong with my engine/ECU setup (Haven't driven him for a while as my AFR readings suddenly went absolutely haywire and I've not managed to establish whats been causing it. Looks like it's running very very rich despite reverting to the original basemap).

Planning to strip and redo the underseal and I am going to rebuild my dash as its started to disintegrate, much to my disappointment. The original adhesive I used was just rubbish. I may incorporate a few little suprise tweaks whilst I'm at it too.

I think the Corn*s exhaust will be coming off too. I've gone from loving the roar to deciding it's just too loud (my age now dictates that I don't want people staring at me as I drive down residential streets scaring small children and setting car alarms off) :(

My daily hack (L322 Range Rover) is a bit more comfortable during winter months anyway and is not exactly a chore to drive ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Work continues. Unfortunately whilst replacing the cam seals water pump and crank seal I've discovered a worn keyway (Shortnose crank). Attempting the Loctite 660 fix.

As a consolation I have someone making me a special rear panel badge to my design. (This is the same logo that Adam/Revlimiter incorporated into my tacho gauge face for me and will be a repeating motif across my car).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Finished article. Another part of my overall vision for my car made real. Not by own fair hands this time alas. Props to Craig Cunningham from the Mx5nutz community for his skill in making this for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Well I'm pleased to report that the Loctite fix worked and I now have a fully functioning supercharged Roadster!

In other news. . . I've sold my Corn*s exhaust and replaced it with a Cobalt stainless steel single exit setup. Much more refined and now I can hear the supercharger getting busy!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So a dyno session yesterday (very accurate dyno) revealed Ronin is running 130.6 bhp at the wheels (c150 at the flywheel).

Not bad for a 26 yr old 1.6 running a JR Supercharger, standard 1.6 injectors and no intercooler.

Moe to come. . .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Whichever way I look at it. . .I'm pretty pleased with the way I've changed my car over the years. Excited to see what direction it goes next.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I can finally say I've built the dash of my dreams after nailing the final mod. Ever since I first built the dash I'd kinda wished the switch panel was lit somehow.

Well, after some serious head scratching and experimentation I'm pretty pleased with my efforts. The panel now illuminates to match the dash when I turn the lights on.

Really really pleased with this. Its been worth the burnt and sliced finger tips!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
It's been a while since I last posted and update.

Ronin is now running 425cc injectors, a 150mm crank overlay and I made up and installed my own otr intercooler solution.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

I fabricated the slam panel from a sheet of galvanised steel from the hardware depot. Was planning on painting it but for now the standard finish works.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
In other news. . . I have been adding to my car collection. First Ronin got a new garage buddy last year in the shape of a limited edition Alfa Romeo GTV Cup V6 (#60 of 155 rhd cars).

Then this week I managed to add one more to the fleet - this time in the shape of the car I have wanted to own for 20 years, a Porsche 968 Sport (UK only model. It's a Clubsport with lightweight cloth reclining front seats, cloth rear seats, electric hatch release and electric windows).

I hope you guys approve? 🙂

61 - 80 of 96 Posts