ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I have an nb hid retrofit, and i replaced the turn signal bulbs with LED switchbacks.

they are 6k white daytime running light, and when you turn on the blinker they change color to amber and blink amber.

i bought 25ohm 50watt resistors and put 1 on each side but that did not get rid of the fast blinking. did i purchase the wrong resistors?

also there were 3 wires, red, black, and green. i guessed the green was the one for the turn signal, red was daytime running light, and black was negative. was that right?

·
Supporting Member
1,146 Posts
Don't know what HID has to do with it nor what switchbacks are but if I read you right, you just put in LED turn/running bulbs and still get hyperblink, right?

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Second set of flashers down. Look for "Ford MPV, Tierra module, 8-pin FH-0436 3211-215-320"

It's a direct replacement for the NB flash module that's made for LED bulbs.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ugh. i looked up how many ohms stock turn signals are - 25 so thats what i bought.

but on v-leds website it says to use a 6ohm resistor to make the hyper blinking stop. gg lol

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx yellowyata! ordered!

and batou that solution doesnt work for NB's but appreciated :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait. glad i didnt buy it yet. looks like the 99-00 flasher is different anyways :\

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
My NA have this problem as well.. I tried the resistor thing and it didn't work..

So curious about this as well
Then you did it wrong =]

Mine works perfectly (95) and on KFJ's car too (93?)

Circa - mb, i didn't see the nb part. /(-_-);

·
Registered
441 Posts
batou, what are the colors of the wires you hooked up your resistors to? And how many ohms were your resistors? Cus I tried different combinations between the 3 wires..

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
I followed the instructions in the link above!

No wires, you just de-solder one resistor, and solder in the replacement exactly in the same place.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This is the solution someone did for the 99. No one mentioned if the 2000 had a 3 prong flasher too.

Just a follow up on my 1999 NB hyper-flash, I ordered up the Japanese Type Flasher CF13JL-02 no-load flasher from here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...DispPage&category=CAR&Page2Disp=/flashers.htm
This is not a direct plug in, the NB uses a 3 pin flasher, this CF13JL-02 is also a 3 pin flasher, so I made up 3 wires with male/female blade type crimp connectors and wired it up. I left the factory flasher in place, I just disconnected the factory connector, and tapped into the 3 pins with the blade crimp connectors.
The turn signal flasher now blinks normal rate, and this flasher does make the tic-toc noise. This flasher did not come with any mounting bracket, so I strapped it to the frame behind the dash.
1999 Miata

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Circa can you post a video of the NB with the LED driving lights then switching back to the blinkers? I want to see if I like the amber lights or white lights better with, the NB.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Phrenetik, when you get a temp ban, its just that, a temp ban, that means its time to sit out, do not create a dup account and act like nothing happened and continue to post on the forum. Now this account will get the ban hammer as well.

Circa said:
I was curious to know what i did that was banworthy? The reason for my ban was "trolling" I did not participate in any trolling whatsoever. I have reread all the forum rules 3 times since last night. I called a particular wheels physical appearance "fucking ugly" in which i truly believe it is.

in no way is that a troll. that is my honest opinion on the said wheels. it was not a for sale thread, i didn't crap on anyones thread. i simply agreed with the OP that made the thread calling 6uls ugly. I am sorry for my comment and now i know to never call a forum sponsors product's physical appearance ugly, but i have important PMs to handle and i don't believe "trolling" as quoted by my ban reason to be anywhere near reasonable. Hopefully you will be able to read this with an open mind and understand all i did was express my honest opinion about the physical appearance of a wheel, which is VERY common on this and most car forums.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts