ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm possibly going to pick up a rust-free 92 NA with only 60k on it. Seller is asking $2800. That said, the car was an a low-speed accident that involved replacing the front bumper cover, fenders, and hood. Based off the pictures, I can see that the passengers side turn signal also needs to be fixed, but apart from those cosmetics, he said the car is mechanically sound.

My concern is, it seems like the parts that were replaced (front fenders, hood, and front bumper cover) are misaligned based off pictures he sent me. Is this an indicator of a more severe accident? Should I pass on this one and keep looking? Or is this as good as deal as it seems like to me? Here are the pictures he sent me:

Thank you all for your input :)

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
Look under the hood and check that the radiator and crossmember in front of it fit flush and parallel. That's a decent indicator of how far back the damage made it. Are you sure the panels were replaced? Looks like there are still scuffs on them. A slow accident could conceivably have knocked all those front end panels out of alignment without any substantial damage to important stuff.

*But it does look like you have two different whites going on there, which may indicate replaced panels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts