ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sponsors
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I created this thread to showcase our plugs and to provide a visual demonstration of exactly what happens when you run Pulstar Spark Plugs in your Miata. Simply put, we use innovative plasma-assisted combustion technology to increase horsepower and torque.

Pulstar features an internal capacitor, developed with the help of a US Department of Energy laboratory, to store energy that creates a high-intensity electrical pulse when released. This pulse saturates the fuel with combustion-enhancing plasma, ensuring instant ignition and a rapid burn.

► Instant ignition and a more complete burn means your Miata responds quickly. You’ll really feel the difference in throttle response when pulling away from a stop.

► Pulstar’s rapid burn creates higher peak pressure on the piston; applying more torque on the crank shaft, resulting in more power to your wheels.

► Burning more fuel during the power stroke means you get the most power from your fuel. Laboratory and dyno testing has repeatedly shown gains in horsepower.

► Pulstar burns fuel efficiently, ensuring it isn’t wasted. Whether you see an improvement in power, fuel economy, or both depends on how you drive.​

The following YouTube videos were recorded in a compressed chamber nicknamed "Sparky". It has an ignition system attached to it, where pressurized compressed air is stored within. What you are seeing is the capacitor discharging the stored energy to create our plasma-forming pulse. This makes our “spark” appear brighter when compared to any conventional spark plug. Please let me know if you guys have any questions!

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. NGK Iridium IX

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Denso Iridium

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. NGK Laser Iridium

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Bosch Platinum 4

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Autolite XP Iridium

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Bosch Platinum Fusion

Pulstar Spark Plug vs. Champion

Thanks,
- [email protected]

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Due to the coil dwell on these cars, it is recommended to run the factory copper NGK plugs.

Maybe you could focus on comparing your plugs to those instead of platinum and iridium plugs that we don't run? Interested to see the differences there

·
Registered
634 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. So long as you are getting spark, why would a bigger spark be more beneficial? After the air/fuel mixture combusts, the spark should be irrelevant.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I feel like MOABmiata is right. will the bigger spark really make a change if it is igniting all the same after mixing?

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
The plasma turns the gas into a thick nitrous oxide type substance causing mass danger to the manifold.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So these will most likely just promote cracking manifolds? I feel sorry for the people who need new manifolds just because of a spark plug if that's the case.

·
Registered
753 Posts
After suspending my belief in everything I learned in my Chemical Engineering program I am sure that Pulstar makes a great product and all the dynos showing that it doesn't make a damn difference were just the product of bad testing.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
is there a group buy?

·
See You Next Tuesday!
2,188 Posts
After suspending my belief in everything I learned in my Chemical Engineering program I am sure that Pulstar makes a great product and all the dynos showing that it doesn't make a damn difference were just the product of bad testing.
Actually, they made less power than my NGK plugs. Repeatedly.

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts
Mitch seems cool though.

·
Sponsors
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Due to the coil dwell on these cars, it is recommended to run the factory copper NGK plugs.

Maybe you could focus on comparing your plugs to those instead of platinum and iridium plugs that we don't run? Interested to see the differences there
The results are just about the same all across the board, it really just depends on what application the plugs are going in. We always see some sort of improvement in WHP/TQ & Fuel Economy. Throttle response isn't really quantifiable in the tests we've been conducting, but I guarantee you will notice the difference immediately. We have yet to find a plug that can outperform ours (with the rare exception of Jpatrick's carefully indexed plugs). To further add to that, if you don't like our product for any reason after installation. Simple. We offer a full 30-day Money Back Guarantee.

But as always, we really do enjoy testing our product. Right now we're in the process of compiling as much independent dyno data as we can and the results are looking very good. I'm also trying to source a few more Miata's for another round of testing. I hosted a giveaway not too long ago on here, so maybe we'll receive feedback from that as well. :mrgreen:

Okay, I'll bite. So long as you are getting spark, why would a bigger spark be more beneficial? After the air/fuel mixture combusts, the spark should be irrelevant.
I feel like MOABmiata is right. will the bigger spark really make a change if it is igniting all the same after mixing?
We've been receiving so many of these questions that I decided to just create a thread to explain everything. You can read up on that here.

The plasma turns the gas into a thick nitrous oxide type substance causing mass danger to the manifold.
So these will most likely just promote cracking manifolds? I feel sorry for the people who need new manifolds just because of a spark plug if that's the case.
If that was the case we wouldn't be in business.

Pulstar Spark Plugs will not harm your engine.
Pulstar Spark Plugs will last at least 50,000 miles.
Pulstar Spark Plugs will not void your warranty.

Actually, they made less power than my NGK plugs. Repeatedly.
They made slightly less overall power than your indexed NGK plugs. Also a test at the correct gap would have probably warranted much different results.

Mitch seems cool though.
And finally, thank you. I've been trying to do everything I can on my end to make you guys happy and it makes me feel good to see comments like this every now and then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts