ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Racing Beat Power Pulse single tip muffler and standard resonated Racing Beat connecting pipe. This should sound real nice and quiet and make the car tolerable again. I've realized that my red Miata is not the right one for me so I plan to make the car nice enough to give to my parents as a gift and I'll be looking for another car to start over with. Perhaps a BRG, Sunburst, 93LE, or maybe even a MSM. Or maybe I'll try to find an affordable Roadster Coupe shell to import. Or maybe I'll just have to punk all you guys and get an E36 M3.

The Pit Crew Racing exhaust and Zoom reverse lamp (package deal), black 14" Enkei Compe 8 (Watanabe style) wheels w. brand new Azenis tires, FM shock mounts, and a bunch of other Roadster stuff will be on eBay soon. Going back on the car will be newly refurbished 15" silver Panasports with polished lips. I'll probably chrome the tow hooks and give the car a good detailing. Car will also have either a new motor or a new head, depending on which is causing my car to drink oil like Barney Gumball drinks beer. The goal is to have a classic, albeit rather traditional and boring looking red '91 when done that my parents can both enjoy.

So now the eternal debate continues: do I go racer or retro style with the new car?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
WOW. I didnt see all this coming but at least youre thinkin of another roadster. I hate that Ive been tight on money for the past month, I love me some new toys for the car!

·
2,708 Posts
JDM= Just Doesn't Matter (Hides from Bill)

Seriously though, it's always nice to start a new project/vision/idea. That's what makes it all fun!

If you're going to go "race" style, you mind as well race it. If not, I've always love the retro style also. You can also tastefully combine touches of both, a la, Blue Potato.

Oh, E36 M3's are for exchange-student posers, get the E30. :p

P.S: I'll be on the look-out for the Pit-Crew exhaust :)

·
Mufasa in Training
32,613 Posts
You'll love the RB...I wish I'd have just bought one off the bat (tho the Bosal ain't half bad, either).

·
Mufasa in Training
32,613 Posts
By the way, I strongly suggest the Retro Racer style. Think "Mille Miglia" or "Targa Florio" :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
racer vs retro... seriously you can't have it both ways. the car is going to get beat up no matter waht when you race.

go race since your will be touching up the red car.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
If you live in Florida it's easy.. I don't know about NC, though.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know how to do it 100% legitimately (as opposed to doing it under the table). The question is can I afford to do it right? Does anyone have any total production figures for the NB Roadster Coupe?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Kyle. You went 0-60-(-5) on us.

I know you say you dont gotta worry about CARB/emissions here in the pothole capital of north america, but consider that it might be much easier to make a street legal "retro" car.

With that said, I think you should build a nice yoked spider. forget the coupe. forget tops. forget everything more than 8" taller than the dash!

http://www.miatapower.com/

·
Registered
482 Posts
Kyle,

You can't go all BMW on us... remember the difference between a porcupine and a BMW ;) Besides we need you at MATG XI.... I think it would be cool to see a US legal Roadster Coupe... but in the end as everyone on the board will agree it is all up to you, JDM or not. I'll say this, I think the Retro theme fits you. I know you don't drive the car every day, but it is tiring to drive a race car everyday.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries. I'm never selling the Roadster. I just want to expand the stable to include more cars. I'll be at MATGXI without a doubt. Now, where is that link showing the guy who did his own NB Roadster to NB Roadster Coupe conversion using all factory panels?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,613 Posts
Geez, dude...Darius must be helpin you out quite a bit, eh?

·
4,436 Posts
j-yes.

Actually sold my gass sucking Xterra and bought this beauty. Man, where have I been all my life with no v8 powered BMW!? The car is really nice and pulls.

I want to join Kyle on importing a NB Coupe into the US....silver with red interior and going with the Barchetta kit. No sun roof and all power. That to mee is almost a next gen Rx7.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,613 Posts
It'd be nice to see a Roadster Coupe, but for how much it'd cost ya, it'd dang well better be totally exotic (roof notwithstanding). Paying $30k for a used Miata just doesn't do much for me, just for bragging rights ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts