ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has been an rx7club and rx8club.com thing for the past few years. We're firing it up again for this season with the approach of warm nights. All are welcomed except for the usual ricers and douche bags that tend to ruin it for everyone, especially when they get authorities involved.

This coming Thursday is our first meet of the season and I will be avail after 5:00PM if anyone plans on showing up early.

Date: Every Thursday

Location: Flushing Meadows Park (parking lot under the Van Wyck Expy)

Time: 8pm (or earlier) till whenever everyone leaves.

For people with GPS, put in College point blvd & 58th rd

·
Registered
904 Posts
No sir it is not.

Edit: We meet here but I wouldn't go asking another club to change their location being that they have been going to that spot for a few years now. If the local miata guys want to go to the rxclub meet instead of our usual that's fine with me.

Since the admins around here don't seem to want to respond to any of my PMs about the ny metro thread I guess I will go make a new one so I can edit the first post with meet info and so forth this way there is no confusion going forward.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have actually talked to the NATOR Mazdaspeedforums.org guys about a possible merge with them at Douglaston. I assume it is the same Douglaston meet you guys are talking about since they meet Thursday evenings and they mentioned that there are always a few Miata's lurking.

The spot we have now at Flushing Meadows Park is quite decent, since the Van Wyck (20ft high elevated road) above the parking lot provides shelter from the elements. BUT, space is somewhat limited and there are no conveniences such as shops like the Douglaston Plaza. In other words, I would prefer the Douglaston spot.

If we (rx7/8club) were to merge with you guys at Douglaston, would you guys like that? I am all for a civilized group (no burn outs, revving, racing, douche bags, etc) meet. Our guys have been quite civilized for the pass few years and haven't gotten problems or complaints.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, I do plan on stopping by Douglaston tomorrow night at 7:00PM to scope out the meet. I will then head out to my usual rx7/8club meet at around 8:00PM since it's no more than 5 minutes away on the LIE.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yep! Same exact meet. I will be there by 7 tomorrow. Most people show up around 730-8. As far as room the dougie spot has more than enough to accommodate us. A few weeks ago we had around 20 or so cars there with no issues and we hit numbers like that in the summer every now and then.

If we aren't upstairs due to weather you can go to the lower level and we are usually hiding from the elements in front of macys over there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts