ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,
i installed my corksport drift the other day, but i think it's a bit low. my miata is mod slammed and the midpipe of the exhaust now is the lowest part, it's at most about 2,5" of the ground! and i'm afraid to rip my header off of the enginehead when i go over speedbumps or stuff like that.
can anybody else tell me if that is normal, or if my exhaust has fitting problems? everything else seems to fit perfect and the sound is great too, but because there is no flexpart in the exhaust from header to muffler, i'm realy afraid to destroy it be bottoming out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mock up a skid plate and mount it beneath the mid section. Angle it so the plate doesn't get caught on bumps rather just gets pushed up or scrapped.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Won't work. midpipe is too low for something like that. but i found an old f/s thread, i think i will have to modify the midpipe. it's just too big! i don't want to get rid of it, because i think it will be too loud then, it's already a bit over the top, but i like it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It hangs low, just how it is. When I had one I was slammed and the resonator went from rounded to half round with a flat bottom. Needless to say that was ruined. But it still sounded great :D so instead of ripping to shreds it just kinda flatened lol. Overall you should be fine.

Edit: if that fs thread was from djdub then that was the same exact one I was using for a good while. Not the prettiest thing but sounded great.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, it was djdubs fs thread. ok, so i just give it a try. i felt that the metal was pretty thin, so maybe i'm as lucky as you and it flatens out by itself too. thx man.
and yes, it sounds realy great, it only is just abit too loud for the german traffic regulations. but who cares ;)

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
The metal isn't that thin at all. I scraped mine for a couple of years until it was completely flat and then just had 2 tiny holes that were showing at the bottom of the muffler welded up. I was riding around at a 3.5'' pinchweld height so the resonator was about an inch off the ground

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Hose clamp your bushing hangers tighter to cinch it up where the resonator hangs low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts