ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Jackson Racing header, midpipe with resonator, and muffler,

The muffler has a loose baffle in it and it's rattling like mad.

I'm considering getting the Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler because I like the sound of the ones my friends have.

Question: Will the RB muffler inlet pipe mate up with the JR midpipe? You know...the area right next to the diff.

I don't want to have to buy a RB midpipe when my JR one is good.

Are both products designed to work with stock counterparts? If so, then they should mate up, no?

If there are any other suggestions for mufflers, let me know too.

I don't want a buzzy, loud sound. I like the lower, sporty sound of my JR, but a new JR muffler is too expensive.

M

·
0 Posts
FYI, the stock exhaust has no joint between the mid-pipe and muffler:

Thus, the locations of the joint between the mid-pipe and muffler on aftermarket cat-backs varies between brands, meaning it's unlikely that you can mix-and-match parts from different brands.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tim,
I have the RB exhaust, but I opted for the sport mid-pipe, and not the pipe with the pre-silencer. They can be found at raven wing, and they were the cheapest at the time. I think I paid 69.00 for the mid-pipe, whereas the pre-silenced mid-pipe is almost double that. It is a little louder than the pre-silenced, and you can tell a difference between mine and MiataGT's.

Of course I like mine better! :wink:

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh cool, well I would like to compare yours and Mark's to make my choice!

When you coming out to a meeting again?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.