ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote about how my trunk won't open on a couple posts. I'm really concerned about it. I don't wanna pry it open & chip my paint and I don't want to bend my **** soooo any suggestions? Please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Take off rear plate, there should be two holes in the plastic behind the licence plate... In these holes are the cars body work. On the right hand side hole drill a hole big enough to fit grips or pliers and big enough to see the release mechanism. Grip the rod and pop the trunk.

It seems brutal but any damage you make will be covered or can be repaired. This happened to me over Xmas with a trunk load of food. Unless you wanna spend out about $150 bucks to have a dude called out to do it for you, this is the only way.

Google also, something like miata trunk won't open or locked keys in miata trunk for pictures.

Hope this helps you brother.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are two punch holes at the bottom of the car with little rubber grommets in them. Use a screwdriver and a mallet to pry them open and reach your hand in there to yank on the cable that goes to the latch or unbolt the whole locking mechanism from the car.

·
Registered
930 Posts
silly to drill a big ass hole into your trunk for water to get in. i second the motion of grabbing the cable and yanking/bending or whatever it takes to open it.. i did it once when i locked my key in the trunk and locked the center console. turns out the key was in my other pocket but it was a great learning experience.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I tried getting into my trunk today & it seems like the whole latch system is screwed up so I might try that drill technique. I'm kinda discouraged with the whole situation.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay so I got my trunk open and I can now open it from the latch inside the center console. Now I need to see what's up with my headlights. The drivers side is different from the passenger side... the guy I bought it from crashed it and it didn't occur to me until I was under the car looking at the front bumper. Got some chassis work to do i guess... **** Carfax lol Gurantee my ass.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Okay so I got my trunk open and I can now open it from the latch inside the center console. Now I need to see what's up with my headlights. The drivers side is different from the passenger side... the guy I bought it from crashed it and it didn't occur to me until I was under the car looking at the front bumper. Got some chassis work to do i guess... **** Carfax lol Gurantee my ass.
take it back. if that's just now apparent, who knows what else is wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts