ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This is a long user title
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My power steering is leaking and not working so well.

I bought these plugs (6 I think) that are supposed to bolt right up where the power steering was.

My question : can I just remove the power steering pump/pulley/belt, remove some fluid and put those plugs ?

I just don't want to do the whole FM method that needs to remove something from the rack.

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
What plugs exactly?

I just drained the rack with a few lock to locks and then just looped the lines.

Perfectly fine.

·
This is a long user title
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What plugs exactly?

I just drained the rack with a few lock to locks and then just looped the lines.

Perfectly fine.
Is there instructions on how to loop the lines? Did you keep the PS belt/pump ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
With the plugs, you must remove the seal from the rack. The 'FM Method' really isn't very hard, and incredibly worth it. If you don't have access to a TIG, don't worry too much about welding the shaft, but removing the seal really makes a world of difference. If you are still set on leaving the seal, you need to loop the lines so you aren't fighting air pressure in the rack.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Is there instructions on how to loop the lines? Did you keep the PS belt/pump ?

The Dirty: has multiple links depending on your flavor.

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16761

no you will get rid of the pump assembly & associated belt , just take the line to the rack after getting the PS fluid out, then get it loaded with grease, then loop the line. I've been thinking of doing this some weekend.. once i get rid of other gremlins. :mrgreen:

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I didn't load it with grease just drained and lopped.

Works fine has worked fine over an entire year not hard at all. Easier than my civic was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts