• Nope don't use it... give the boot the boot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Spring/Summer are somewhat right around the corner. I'm trying to get ready. I was just wondering what you guys and gals do with the boot. Do you use the boot or do you just toss the top down and go? I was asking because i have driven around without a boot on, and i noticed the top wont stay all the way seated, it will rise up about three inches while driving. I just want some other peoples opinions on the matter.

-Jeremy

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Mine is on all the time, now that I have a hard top. Even when the top is off, the boot stays on.

If your top won't stay down without the boot you may have several minor problems that could result in some future major problems.

Either your top is thick and brand new, not installed correctly, or something's stuck in your top.

You should really get it looked at instead of just using the boot.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Mine is on all the time, now that I have a hard top. Even when the top is off, the boot stays on.

If your top won't stay down without the boot you may have several minor problems that could result in some future major problems.

Either your top is thick and brand new, not installed correctly, or something's stuck in your top.

You should really get it looked at instead of just using the boot.
yeah i always check those corners before i drop my top.( ive crushed many o things) but mine never starts to rise or sticks up any siting still or 70/80. id check that out.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Mine didnt come with one when I got it and I didnt bother spending money on one either. Plus with the occasional freak showers that happen in florida its easier to just whip the top up and down without a boot getting in the way.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an aftermarket cloth top w zip down glass window. I thought it was just thicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts