ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the turn signals i have in the car currently use two bulbs. looks like the pics below...

one light comes on and stays on with the parking lights, one light is ONLY a turn signal. i remember talking to rev about this, but i can't recall what he said, nor can i find the conversation about it either.

i want to install some east coast miata turn signal intakes, but they obviously only have the single bulb housing and connector.
for those of you guys (majority, i'm assuming) who have just one bulb in the turn signal, does it come on and stay on with the parking lights? or does it blink with the turn signals?

i'll only be able to use one bulb for this and i can obviously only use the one that fits, but i'm very curious about this.

has anyone done this in the past?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Mine come on and stay on and then blink when turning.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Why is this so scary.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not a big deal, but i'm pretty sure mine won't blink. they're just gonna be for parking lights. i'll have to take another look when i get the car back.

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
That's up to you really.

I have Kg works ones, and the way they came wired was parking light and indicator in one (I got the used, unsure if this was stock).

Either way, you just choose which one you want, or both. I use mine as turn signals.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
harnesses are different sizes. i think the bulbs might be too, so i don't think i'd be able to choose...but idk.
i'm just trying to get information about this **** before i do it.
what'd you do with the other harnesses, cut em?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
You could just cut the harness for the blinker bulb (if thats the one that doesn't fit) and wire it in the the runner light so when you hit the blinker, it will make the runner blink! At least I think so haha

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah. i was thinking there would have to be a way to do that, but i have no fucking clue how to go about that

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Its not hard at all man! Go to the car parts store and get some "splice clips" or "splice connectors." You should need the red ones which are for smaller gauge wire (18-22). Ill look for a picture so you know for sure!

Anyway, these clips splice into a wire with a metal clip and are pretty easy to figure out.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Please don't fucking use vamp clamps, solder that **** in like a man.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its not hard at all man! Go to the car parts store and get some "splice clips" or "splice connectors." You should need the red ones which are for smaller gauge wire (18-22). Ill look for a picture so you know for sure!

Anyway, these clips splice into a wire with a metal clip and are pretty easy to figure out.
i have some of those. i just wouldn't know which wires to use.

Please don't fucking use vamp clamps, solder that **** in like a man.
yeah yeah yeah

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
If you cannot figure it out you'll prolly have to junk the car. Are you wanting your bulbs to stay on and blink?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts