ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill,

Where can I get those NB chassis gussets like the ones you've put on your car? Are they available from the Mazda parts counter? Or do you take them off of a wrecked NB?

That's just like what they do on the NA Refresh projects the factory does in Japan. Very cool!

joeyb

M

·
0 Posts
NB bulkhead gusset

joeyb said:
Bill,

Where can I get those NB chassis gussets like the ones you've put on your car? Are they available from the Mazda parts counter? Or do you take them off of a wrecked NB?

That's just like what they do on the NA Refresh projects the factory does in Japan. Very cool!

joeyb
Hey, Joey you should always PM me, I just stumbled across this post by accident.

The rear gusset is only a $40+ part, so it would be more trouble than it's worth to pull the part off a wreck.

Part #N06754770A
List price $58
Club price $43

Rear bulkhead gusset (before and after welding):

M

·
0 Posts
Front NB gussets

The part #s for the front gussets:

NC1053482B (left)
NC1054482B (right)
List price $25.95 each
Club price $19 each

I couldn't find my before pics, but here's after replacing the NA gussets:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, next time I'll PM you.

Great information! I wonder if it's overkill to have those along with the Butterfly brace?

Did you do any seam welding?

Thanks Bill!

joeyb

·
Registered
175 Posts
how much stiffer did it feel after installing those plates? and how much of a pain is that? and... do i have that on my 97? lol i don't remember seeing it... or noticing something like that last time i had the carpet out....

and is there anyone on here that is capable of welding that?

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Where does the front one go? Is that the front side of the tranny tunnel? I can't quite tell.

Oh boy, more NB parts to buy! :lol: :shock: :wink:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Seam welding is awesome. One day I will build an awesome chassis and it will be stout - everything will be seam welded and reinforced. I'm hoping that all the reinforcement will add < 100 lbs. to the chassis but I want to be able to jump it and beat the crap out of it and have it stay together in one piece.

M

·
0 Posts
touge miata said:
how much stiffer did it feel after installing those plates? and how much of a pain is that? and... do i have that on my 97? lol i don't remember seeing it... or noticing something like that last time i had the carpet out....

and is there anyone on here that is capable of welding that?
Car is not running yet, so I can't gauge improvement. I will also be running FM BF braces, BSP front and rear braces, Carbing triangle front tower, and Beatrush rear tower braces.

FYI, the old NA front tunnel gussets and the rear bulkhead gusset do need to be removed before you can install the NB ones. It's just a matter of drilling out the old spotwelds and pying them off.

No I did not seam weld b/c I didn't want to repaint that much.

I use Matt at Performance Solutions (adjacent to MazdaTrix) in Signal Hill, CA for my welding. Matt builds a lot of RX-7 road race cars and some SM.

~Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts