ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into replacing the suspension on my 1990. After reading numerous posts about the advantages of switching to NB mounts on an NA, I have a few questions.

Would I be better switching to an all NB suspension (shocks, springs and mounts) or sticking with an NA suspension and getting custom mounts, FCM or otherwise, that improve suspension travel and driving feel?

When switching to an NB suspension on an NA, should I expect a different ride height?

Does an NB's suspension offer more travel than an NA's?

Lastly, are NA springs compatible with an NB suspension?

I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed by the amount of information out there. Lots to assimilate...

·
Registered
552 Posts
this is a complicated question and i haven't found a good guide/thread on this on mnet or here. maybe someone that knows the details can offer some info.

as far as ride height though i think a nb setup will raise your rideheight. assuming base springs/shocks.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I run:
Chicakra/nb tops
NA shocks
GC coil overs, but loads of guys run normal style lowering springs with awesome results.

+1 full NB setup will raise you from what Ive been told.

I dont know about the spring compatibility, but I suspect if they are the same spring seat diameter's it would "fit", but I dont know if the drop would be accurate to the manufactures spec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts