ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what to think of this location - there is a rock grinding facility near my place that looked interesting so I shot about 50 pics....here is one that I am on the fence on. May be too busy in background - or maybe not the setting for a vintage roadster.

I am trying to make an effort to find some new locations to shoot from and may have to venture into Atlanta for some older brick/building shots on a Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else have recommendations on photography locations for automotive content? There is a very fine line on finding a location that simply does not look to refined and yet easy to shoot from (acccess, security, etc).

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
Those could be cool.. car looks great as always, though I actually prefer not to shoot on a sunny day. I find softer more diffused light works better for me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
the background does look too busy and I think it'd look better on a darker background because that light color really washes the picture out.

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything Bow-esque is good --seasides, beaches, forests, vineyards, are always awesome.

Oh after viewing your photo, Dicker and I agree that the rear end is too low compared to the front. Looks like a dog dragging its ass on the carpet. :)
Really? The rear looks lower in this pic? I will need to make some adjustments on the coil overs if this is the case - thanks for the heads up.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am at work so I am kind of limited on what I can do, but the key is PHOTOSHOP.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Uktimate - that looks nice - what did you do, add saturation or blue shadow levels? The pic I posted was lightly pc'd.
A girl never gives away her secrets. Give me a raw image and I'll do the effects on layers and tell you what I did.. Send me a message on AIM. (xpluto316x)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yeah, I think the rear of the car "looks" lower because of the angle and the lighting. I don't think it actually is though.

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I think the rear of the car "looks" lower because of the angle and the lighting. I don't think it actually is though.
Funnily enough - I measured the car from ground to bottom of wheel arch (lip) and they are both spot on at 22.75" - but in theory, you should have the rear on an adjustible suspension about .25-.50" higher than the front. So I think it may be the agle - where the car is parked in that shot is actually on a downward slope to the rear.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I have read that the Miata was designed to handle properly with a light rake from back to front, i.e. the rear slightly higher than the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts